Y-PEER is a youth network of young people from more than 500 non-profit organizations and government agencies in more than 50 countries initiated by the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) on the use of an integrated approach to working with young people, with the active participation of young people themselves. The main focus of the network is to reinforce the status and credibility of peer education and also to reduce the vulnerability of young people to HIV & AIDS and STIs. Y-PEER envisions to have meaningful youth participation in decision making related to their health and other issues in order to have equal access to information and services and adopt a healthy life style.
In many countries, the UNFPA offices have supported YPEER fellowship programs. These fellowships have contributed considerably to developing capacities of many young people in various areas including programming, coordination, and monitoring as well as thematic areas such as HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health (RH), gender equality, and humanitarian among others.
UNFPA office in Morocco is willing to recruit a YPEER fellow who is expected to provide support to YPEER related projects and interventions namely on reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the RH National Programme Officer, the fellow will undertake the following tasks:
- Develop and discuss with RH NPO and YPEER FPC an annual work plan for YPEER in Morocco.
- Ensure recruitment of new network members and coordinate the organization of at least one national training of trainers
- Develop and disseminate quarterly newsletters to report network activities in French, English and Arabic.
- Support and follow up the implementation of YPEER annual work plan and activities.
- Provide feedback on youth related activities and programmes at the office.
- Coordinate the organization of YPEER focal points annual meeting and other events.
- Attend / participate in events, meetings, conferences organised by other UN agencies, IPs or civil society as advised by the office.
- Participate in UNFPA staff meetings or any other meetings as requested
- Prepare minutes / reports of meetings.
- Identify new partners and funding resources for YPEER activities in Morocco.
- Ensure follow up with regional office with YPEER related tasks.
- Engage in relevant and related learning and training opportunities as they come available
- Undertake additional tasks and functions as requested.