- Official Job Title: Administrative and Finance Associate
- Grade (Classified) ICS7 (GS-7)
- Duty Station: UNFPA Morocco (Rabat) Date limit: 20 September 2016
1. Organizational Location
The Administrative and Finance Associate is located in Morocco Country Office in Rabat and reports to the UNFPA Assistant Representative
2. Job Purpose
The Administrative and Finance Associate delivers quality services in HR, administration and finance to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he works closely with programme and project staff providing financial monitoring and analysis of projects and advising managers on expenditure trends and implementation rates S/he takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects. S/he supervises clerical and support staff.
3. Major Activities/Expected Results
• Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of programme/ project inputs under national execution in terms of personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships, study tours, and other programme and project-related events to facilitate programme/ project delivery.
• Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
• Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information to HQ/RO/SRO on a continuous basis.
• Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
• Assists in the management of the Country Office budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office.
• Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up, and processes financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
• Plans NEX audits, briefs auditors, shares reports with NEX units and ensures the systematic allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the office
• Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents UNFPA’s interests in related negotiations and agreements.
• Prepares and monitors the administrative budget and ensures financial transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures. Proposes procedures to improve internal controls and efficiency and respond to audit issues.
• Manages recruitment and selection process applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms, advises and briefs managers and project personnel on different types of contractual modalities, HR policies and benefits, coordinates the performance appraisal process and advises on performance issues.
• Implements corporate systems and applications in support of finance and human resource management and country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff.
• Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
• Reviews and prepares material for common system activities relating to common services and premises, cost recovery, privileges and immunities, entitlement and salary surveys, security etc and represents UNFPA in related inter-agency meetings and working groups in the absence of supervisor.
• Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Assistant Representative
4. Work Relations
The Administrative and Finance Associate supervises administrative and clerical staff at the CO. Internal contacts include the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, the CO’s administrative management team, and the CO’s programme/ technical team.
5. Job Requirements
At least Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, with specialization in accounting/finance preferable, information technology, organizational behavior, economics or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least Ten years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management, in public, non-governmental or private sector.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite utilization; proven capacity in use of web-based applications; good knowledge of Results Based Management.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing cultural diversity
• Embracing change
• Achieving results
• Being accountable
• Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
• Thinking analytically and strategically
• Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
• Communicating for impact
• Providing strategic focus
• Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders
• Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
• Making decisions and exercising judgment
Functional Skill Set:
• Managing the organization’s financial resources
• Providing procurement services
• Ensuring facilities and assets management
• Providing logistical support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and work flow
• Planning, organizing and multitasking
• Supporting financial data analysis
Fluency in oral and written French and Arabic; proficiency in English required
6. Depot des candidatures:
Les candidat(es) intéressé(e) voudront bien consulter les sites : www.ma.undp.org; www. ma.one.un.org, www.tanmia.ma; pour une description complète du poste et adresser au plus tard le 20 septembre 2016 à 18h : Une lettre de candidature indiquant le titre du poste, dans une enveloppe marquée « CONFIDENTIELLE » à l’attention de Mouna Jamai, à l’adresse suivante : 13, avenue Ahmed Balafrej, Souissi, Rabat. Cette lettre sera accompagnée d’un Curriculum Vitae détaillé, du formulaire « Personal History –P11» des Nations unies dûment rempli, d’une photocopie des diplômes ainsi que trois lettres de recommandation. Les candidatures pourront aussi être envoyées par email à l’adresse : email@example.com
Seules les candidatures répondant aux critères du poste seront prises en considération