VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (No: 020-15)
DATE OF ISSUE: 12 January 2016
The ILO – DWT Office for North Africa is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the following position:
Position: Admin. Assistant
Project: Improving governance of labour migration and protection of migrant workers` rights Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and Egypt
Contract: Short-term contract
Duty Station: Rabat, Morocco
Duration: 11 months (subject to availability of funds, with possibility of extension)
The project aims at promoting good governance of labour migration and protection of male and female migrant workers’ rights in Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt and Libya with a view to enhance the development benefits of labour migration.
The project strategy is designed along institutional strengthening and capacity building interventions targeting Government institutions and social partners. In order to strengthen national institutional capacities to govern labour migration and to reinforce male and female migrant workers protection the project intends to: i) provide national stakeholders with adequate knowledge, capacities and practical tools to elaborate and implement coherent rights-based and gender-sensitive labour migration policies/strategies through a highly participative process of consultation with social partners and relevant civil society organizations ii) support the reinforcement of national laws and practices concerning labour migration and the protection of migrant workers in light of relevant international instruments; iii) support an intra-regional dialogue on labour mobility and protection of migrant workers.
The project is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and is implemented by the International Labour Organization (ILO) in collaboration with the governments of the countries concerned. The project will also cooperate with other institutions and agencies, social partners, with local representations of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, with the United Nations system, and other multilateral and bilateral organizations.
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC) in Morocco and the overall supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA) for North Africa, the Administration Assistant will carry out the following tasks
- Perform administrative work including good maintenance of office administrative files and records, interpretation and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts. Maintain and update project mailing lists and networks.
- Maintain a tracking system of the project and bring to the attention of the supervisors issues that require immediate consideration. Update information on announcement board with information of staff missions/leave and incoming missions and other official information such as workshops and seminars.
- Draft correspondence on administrative matters from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Carry out all operations required for authorizing and effectuating expenditures, including making calculations, requesting funds and making payments.
- Control project accounts regarding allocations and expenditures, monitor budget execution and project accounts, maintain reporting systems regarding allocations and expenditures, determine reallocation of funds when necessary, prepare budget revision for the submission to donors and prepare financial reports.
- Make travel arrangements, hotel reservations and prepare travel authorization forms for project staff.
- Search for and prepare administrative related briefing materials for the supervisor for use on official missions, special meetings and for action. Collect, solicit and coordinate briefing materials for the supervisor’s missions and meetings. Select and make pertinent abstracts and collect relevant information.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of special meetings and make all important administrative arrangements and facilities for conducting workshops and seminars. This includes preparing budgets, coordinating travel and lodging of participants, paying DSA, recruitment and payment of resources persons, and drafting relative correspondence and providing secretarial and/or administrative support for these meetings, seminars and/or workshops.
- Perform other duties assigned by the NPC and/or the Chief Technical Adviser.
Education – completion of secondary school, first university degree in related field desired.
Experience – 5 years of related office experience, including record keeping and processing of information and basic knowledge of report writing. Good administrative knowledge for project implementation.
Languages – Excellent knowledge of Arabic and French, as well as good command of English.
Competencies – Good administrative skills. Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work. Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence. Good analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries. Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure. Good organizational skills. Excellent time management skills. Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
Ability to work and communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner. Must display high standards of ethical conduct. Must demonstrate honesty and integrity. Ability to reason and make sound judgements.
DUTY STATION AND REMUNERATION
The position will be based in Rabat (Subject to availability of fund). The ILO offers a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the United Nations common system of salaries, allowances and benefits.
The Office reserves to itself the right to appoint candidates at a level below the level of the advertised post depending on experience.
Cover letter and CV must be submitted to the following Fax: +212 537 571 521 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job title and vacancy number.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Deadline for submitting applications: 25 January 2016