SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. In the International office of MENA Region we support all the activities of the nine national associations, ensuring that they operate in accordance with established principles and standards. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking a committed
FInance & CONTROL EMERGENCY ADVISOR (f/m) for the region of Middle East and north africa
The mission of The Finance & Control Advisor is to:
- Support the Director of Finance and NA finance colleagues.
S/he contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling:
- It is our mission to enable transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Federation.
- We provide services to Member Associations especially policies, tools, consulting, training and monitoring.
- We coordinate the allocation of programmes to funding partners and co-ordinate and execute the flow of funds between these funding partners.
- We manage financial risks of the Federation on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability in the federation-wide funding model.
- We provide information relevant to management and legal bodies for controlling and decision-making.
- We see our role as an integral part of the Federation and act as financial business advisors while ensuring fiduciary compliance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
|Finance & Controlling Services for the Federation
§ Provide strategic planning support to Director of Finance & Controlling
§ Participate in the development and update of financial policies and quality standards and implement these policies
§ Support maintenance of master data in finance systems
Finance & Controlling Services for Emergency in the Member Associations
§ Support the linking of needs and funds by providing the necessary financial information and coordinating the allocation of funds
§ Support the management of PSA portfolios by providing the necessary financial information to International Office (IO)
§ Support Member Association´s (MAs) Emergency budgeting process, check quality MA budgets and monitor budget execution within the given financial frames
§ Support all MAs to conduct their accounting, check data quality and import accounting data
§ Support all MAs to manage their local and their PSA funds
§ Support all MAs in their internal control system and participate in internal audits in MAs
§ Support all MAs in their external financial audit process and quality check the MA audits
§ Support all MAs in their statistics data collection
§ Support MAs and CVI Representatives and Head of Emergency Department in the financial aspects of programme plans and proposals
§ Monitor MA financial data and financial key performance indicators (KPIs)
§ Build up finance capacity in MAs
§ Support MAs and CVI Representatives/Director of Finance & Controlling and Head of Emergency in crisis cases
§ Develop and ensure implementation of finance related international policies, standards and guidelines in MAs emergency programs, including an SOP in financial management for emergencies
§ Support CVI Representatives and Head of Emergency in financial planning and preparation of Emergency MA budgets
§ Support CVI Representatives and Head of Emergency in monitoring the MA budgets
§ Support Member Support Advisor in replying and coordinating finance-related PSA/GSC information requests
§ Build financial management capacity of emergency program field staff
Finance Services for General Secretariat (GSC)
§ Support MAs in the accounting of membership fees
§ Monitor the preparation of the liquidity plan and manage GSC funds on regional level
§ Monitor the preparation of the budget of the regional office
§ Ensure timely and quality accounting data for the regional office
§ Ensure timely and quality external financial audit reports for the regional office
§ Build finance capacity within the FC function
Treasury & Risk Management
§ Support MAs in their liquidity planning and quality check MA liquidity plans
§ Prepare regional risk assessments and coordinate and monitor mitigation measures
§ Support the execution of currency transactions for the regional office
§ Support MAs in their bank relations
Finance Systems Support
§ Implement and give first level user support for MAs for the SOS controlling system LUCY (Finance modules), the accounting and HR software Dynamics NAV and the Budget Entry Tool
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in finance
- University diploma in finance
- Good experience in planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office with high level in the use of Excel and other software’s.
- Must have excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic, French and English
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- The opportunity to shape a new position within a global established organisation
- Diverse and challenging tasks in an in international working environment
- Opportunities for further training and development.
|If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements and your CV, in English, together with your salary expectations by 13th February 2016 at the latest to HR.MENA@sos-kd.org , SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org