FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR), are implementing the USAID Career Center program in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with Government of Morocco (GOM) counterparts, the Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Education. USAID CAREER CENTER is playing a central role in advancing USAID/Morocco and the GOM’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans. The program is currently in the process of establishing career development centers linked to universities and the vocational training system, and incorporating work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and performance of youth in the workplace.
The communication strategy for USAID Career Center has two main objectives: (i) to promote and highlight the work of USAID in Morocco to support youth employability and (ii) increase the program’s impact by using communication as technical leverage to implement activities and to encourage beneficiaries to adopt a new behavior towards employability
Summary of Responsibilities
The specific tasks of the Social Media Officer position will include the following:
- Assist in the implementation of the program’s social media strategy aiming at maximizing the outreach of USAID CAREER CENTER and the Career Centers to our target social media users.
- Assist the Career Centers in the implementation of the social media component of their communication action plan, including the establishment of online publication calendars;
- Create, as needed, new social media accounts for Career Centers and assist their staff in content production and posting during the “teasing” phases, opening and post-opening, including campaigns or ad hoc mobilization activities (online competitions, quiz, etc.);
- Manage social media platforms and assist Career Centers in their community management.
- Produce dedicated and engaging social multimedia content, including texts, photos, videos, info-graphics, animated video and graphics.
- Respond to comments and interactions of community members in a timely manner
- Assist Career Center staff to expand and nurture the community of each Career Center’s social platforms, either through existing social media accounts within host-institutions or through social media influencers;
- Organize online events, in coordination with the Virtual Career Center, to build the Career Center community and boost brand awareness;
- Support the Career Centers in mobilizing young people for the direct creation of content (via the Career Centers’ Youth Ambassadors;
- Coordinate social media sponsoring campaigns aiming at promoting the Career Center brand and the Career Center services;
- Support the Communication and Mobilization Manager in training Career Centers’ staff in the management of their social networks;
- Coordinate with Career Center staff in charge of communications teams to ensure brand consistency on social media
- Ensure compliance with USAID branding and marking for all visual material used on social media;
- Document and share with Career Center staff best practices of Career Centers on social media and contribute to the sustainability of social media activities of the Career Centers;
- Update the Career Center Facebook Guide with best practices;
- Establish a strategy to encourage the Moroccan youth to use linkedin
- Produce and update a Career Center LinkedIn Guide;
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of activity of all Career Center social network,
- assist Career Centers in their reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning efforts on social media;
- Closely work with the Career Centers and the program’s partners to expand and develop the online network of the centers.
- Monitor and report on feedback from social media communities of Career Centers;
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends and inspire program staff and Career Center staff on latest trends or methods to mobilize communities on social media.
- Minimum two years of professional work experience in social media and community management and/or designing and executing social media activities, preferably in development programs.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, community management, and/or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and Arabic. English will be considered as an asset.
- Graphic design skills will be considered as an asset.
- Proficient in use of computer applications and all social media networks related to the tasks.
Reporting and Working Relationships
- The Social Media Officer will report directly to the Communications and Mobilization Manager.
- The Social Media Officer will be hired by Golden Resources.
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to [email protected] with “social media officer – Rabat” in the subject line by NOVEMBER 24, 2017