Chemonics International seeks a senior monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) advisor for the USAID-funded Reading for Success—Small Scale Experimentation (RFS-SSE) project in Morocco. This early grade reading project will test the effectiveness of supplemental Arabic reading lessons and activities that aim to improve reading skills in the early grades. The program will work in partnership with the Ministry of Education to test the effectiveness of supplemental reading lessons and test how summer reading enrichment programs may reduce learning loss between school years. The project launched in early October 2015 and is scheduled to run through May 2018, 30 months. The MEL Advisor will be based in Rabat. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Develop, assess, and evaluate baseline studies, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, and performance and impact evaluations related to improving reading at the primary grade level
- Experience conducting reading assessments, including Early Grade Reading Assessments (EGRA) preferred.
- Expert knowledge on monitoring and evaluation of international donor funded programs, with experience on education and reading programs preferred
- At least six years of direct work experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Knowledge of the education sector in Morocco
- Strong report writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and Arabic; English skills preferred but not required
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by October 15, 2015. Please indicate Morocco Reading – Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor to which you are applying in the subject line. CVs are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.