Supervisor: Country Director
Position: Sales Representative
Status: Full time (40 hours per week), salaried position with sales bonus
Location: AMIDEAST Rabat office, with periodic in-country travel
America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST) is a private, nonprofit organization focused on education and training. AMIDEAST Morocco offers a series of products in English language training and a variety of Educational and Testing Services (ETS) tests, including the TOEIC® (Test of English for International Communication), TOEFL® and ITP.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Sales Representative is responsible for increasing both corporate sales and general enrollment for AMIDEAST’s English language and test sales. The focus is on greater Rabat, although sales and particularly developing partners or distributors in other cities is also important. The Sales Representative will expand and maintain key sales relationships with Moroccan enterprises, corporations, ministries, universities and NGOs. This will involve coordinating all related sales activities with relevant AMIDEAST staff. The Sales Representative is primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales targets, as well as broadening AMIDEAST’s client base in the business community.
- Lead the sales and outreach effort for Rabat, in coordination with the Casa Office Manager;
- Forecast sales targets as per the annual budget and ETS business plan and ensure they are met, ensuring growth of each of the various products;
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors;
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for different sectors, particularly relating to ETS products;
- Maintain relationships with existing Authorized Distributors of ETS products and develop more distributors in key Moroccan cities.
- Provide market feedback to senior staff regarding competitive offerings and generate product development ideas.
- Provide expertise on selling prices in conjunction with relevant AMIDEAST staff by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Produce weekly sales reports and communicate regularly with the Country Director and Casa Office Manager regarding sales developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Maintain excellent technical understanding of all products.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with relevant staff, including the Director of Programs, Casa Office Manager, Testing Coordinator and Customer Service Manager, and their staff, in order to develop proposals that address client needs and objectives
- Represent AMIDEAST at various conferences and sales conventions or fairs through presentations, and attendance at booths.
- Provide the Finance Manager and relevant accounting staff with a monthly accounting of sales, with purchase order back-up, to ensure timely billing and collections.
- Education: A university degree equivalent to a license or higher in business or marketing.
- Experience: At least two years in a sales position, in which the applicant developed a client base through direct sales and marketing. Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Languages: Strong English, fluent French and fluent Arabic.
- Knowledge: Intimate understanding of greater Rabat and the business and educational community. Ability to bring an existing professional network a plus. Knowledge of both the Moroccan and the American educational systems preferred.
- Mobility: Ability to drive one-self around Rabat and conduct periodic visits to other cities and towns independently.
Note: This job involves considerable travel in and around Rabat. A transportation allowance, phone and laptop will be provided. However, ownership of one’s own car is preferred.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]