Job Title: Research Assistant
Job ID: 10624
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a U.S. based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in
collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to
ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education, improve the quality and relevance of education, and empower
individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking a Research Assistant to work on two evaluations under one mechanism: 1) A performance evaluation of the
Reading for Success (RFS) project; and 2) A midterm performance evaluation of the activity “National Reading Program” (RFSNRP).
The Research Assistant will work with the Principal Investigator to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to,
cleaning and analyzing data, supporting field-based evaluation work, data analysis and interpretation, and support in writing of
analytical reports, journal articles, and other dissemination efforts.
Eligibility: Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in sociology, anthropology, education, or related field with relevant experience in ethnographic
research, Master’s degree preferred
• 3 or more years of experience working in development, preferably education or another social sector, preferably conducting
• Experience conducting site visits, key informant interviews, focus group discussions
• Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo or ATLAS.ti
• Strong qualitative, analytical, and writing skills
• Candidates speaking Arabic in addition to English preferred
American Institutes for Research is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Apply: Use this link: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/10624/research-assistant/job
Or visit AIR’s Careers Page and search for job opening 10624