Regional Support Officer
|Position Title:||Regional Support Officer|
|Contract Name:||USAID Morocco Career Center|
|Period of Performance:||April 2nd, 2018 – March 29th, 2019|
|Total Level of Effort:||260 days|
ABOUT FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR) are implementing the USAID Career Center program in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with the Government of Morocco, specifically with the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Education. USAID Career Center is playing a central role in advancing USAID Morocco and the Government of Morocco’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans by assisting young students’ and graduates’ transition from education to employment. The program establishes Career Centers linked to universities and the vocational education training system, and incorporates work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and improved performance of youth.
SCOPE OF WORK
Supervised by the Regional Coordinator, the Regional Support Officer will work closely with the university and vocational Career Center staff in Tangier to contribute to successful implementation of USAID Career Center. The Regional Support Officer will support the Regional Coordinator by fulfilling the following main responsibilities: 1) Ensure operational follow-up with Career Center staff; 2) Support program planning efforts; 3) Assist the regional coordination team in the organization of regional activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Support Officer will support the Regional Coordinator in Tangier by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
1) Ensure operational follow-up with Career Center staff
- Track the activities registered in the Virtual Career Center in order to see if all of them have been performed (on a weekly basis),
- Support the Career Center teams in the management of the attendance lists on the Virtual Career Center,
- Provide assistance to the Career Center staff in the organization of their activities/events.
2) Support program planning efforts
- Assist the Regional Coordinator in overseeing planning and coordination of program activities with the university and vocational Career Center.
- Support the establishment of the university and vocational Career Center work plans.
- Ensure tracking of implementation of the university and vocational Career Center activities against their work plans.
3) Assist the regional coordination team in the organization of regional activities
- Attend meetings and write reports.
- Ensure the follow-up with the regional coordination team.
- Prepare an action plan for each event organized by the regional coordination team.
The Regional Support Officer will also perform other duties as assigned by the regional team.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary subject such as Management or related field
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills with a proven track record of production of written documents, both for reporting and communication purposes
- A proven track record at producing comprehensive reports with inputs from various contributors
- Strong organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the Moroccan labor market and/or higher education and vocational education systems
- Excellent interpersonal and multi‐cultural skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English
- Good command of French. Arabic will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent computer skills: specifically MS Office
The Regional Support Officer will report to the USAID Career Center Regional Coordinator in Tangier.
TOTAL PROPOSED LEVEL OF EFFORT
Full-time level of effort
The applicant needs to send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with <Regional Support Officer – Tangier> in the subject line by March 20th, 2018.