Position Title: Project Officer, Programme WWF – AESVT, Morocco
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty Station: Casablanca, Morocco, with frequent travel to the field.
Type of contract and Duration: CDD, 18 months
The AESVT-MOROCCO and its partner WWF Mediterranean calls for applications for the recruitment of Project Officer based in Casablanca.
The project Officer will work in parallel and equally in two projects (50% – 50%) :
- EcoFon Sebou: The project “Eco’Fon Sebou: Payment ecosystem services and ecological flow” is part of the partnership programme aiming at the preservation of freshwater ecosystems in the Sebou basin, according to agreed objectives and time scale. The freshwater programme refers to the establishment of the conservation program of freshwater in Morocco as part of a partnership between the AESVT-MOROCCO and WWF Mediterranean (the World Wide Fund for Nature).
- Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) Mediterranean Basin biodiversity Hotspot, in ICZM accepted proposals. This project, located in the Mediterranean Basin, will be implemented in Cap des trois fourches, Sebkha Bou Areg in Morocco. The project’s main objective is to establish an ICZM approach in the three countries of North Africa by strengthening the partnership between public actors, private and civil society and create a regional networking for the promotion and application of the ICZM Protocol in the Mediterranean countries of North Africa (Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco).
Duties and Responsibilities
Major duties and responsabilities:
The Project Officer major duties and responsabilities are:
- builds and manages partnerships with civil society, the private sector and the government at the relevant administrative levels,
- Defines terms of reference, develop workplans and implements the project activities and supervises consultants.
- Coordinates for project related relations with local community and local groups.
- Develop in collaboration with the Programme Manager proposals and identify new funding possibilities for the further development of the Programme WWF – AESVT.
Eco’Fon Sebou project :
- Manages the implementation of the EcoFon Sebou project,
- Follows the work plans for the implementation of the project and makes sure the timeline is respected. When needed revises work plan to cope with adjustments agreed with the Programme Manager;
- Guides the Project Administrator in the organization of the logistic for meetings and workshops to be organized in the framework of the project;
- Adjusts the monitoring framework for the project as detailed in the proposal and collects data for its implementation;
- Works closely with of the Communications and Corporate Relations Officer for the planning and implementation of communication work relating to the project and ensures that the Communications and Corporate Relations Officer reports,
- Prepares progress technical reports for the project according to the schedule agreed with the Programme Manager.
- Upon agreement with the Programme Manager, attend WWF meetings and training courses as required.
- Upon agreement with the Programme Manager, undertake travel and missions aimed at the effective undertaking of all the above-mentioned tasks.
- Identify pilot areas,
- contribute to the mapping of actors involved in ICZM in the selected area,
- Contribute to the public policy analysis of the sector in the region,
- Assess the needs for knowledge of the stakeholders,
- Develop and implement a capacity building program of institutional actors and NGOs with close collaboration of AESVT sections,
- Develop and implement an information and awareness program on the principles of ICZM for the general public,
- Contribute to the establishment of Moroccan project steering committees,
- Setting up a monitoring and regional steering committee in Morocco,
- Prepare and organize meetings and project events,
- Define the institutional arrangements of the project,
- Organize national workshop in Morocco to introduce the project and the situation of the sites in relation to ICZM,
- Organize regional workshop (the three countries together) of project closure to present the project results and the next steps after the project,
- Contribute to the creation of an ICZM network in North Africa.
- Minimum qualification is Graduate degree (at least Bac + 4) in any or a combination of the following fields: water management, marine and fisheries management, natural science, environmental and social sciences, economics, development, policies,
- Conservation background, basic understanding of IRBM, water ecosystems conservation and marine and fisheries management in Morocco and North Africa,
- At least 3 years experience in water resources management, marine and fisheries management or project management preferably in international environment,
- Field project implementation skills, including basic budget management, organization of events,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in French, in Arabic and in English are required,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Able to work effectively and harmoniously in a multicultural environment,
- Ability/experience in facilitation stakeholder processes, engaging communities and institutional actors,
- Presentation and writing skills to produce presentations for stakeholders, project documents, submissions of positions,
- Ability to coordinate technical consultants,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Some communication skills, ability to talk to public and media,
- Integrity and professional discretion,
- Willingness to travel frequently.
Please send CV/resume, cover letter and references to
[email protected] with the subject: ‘‘Call for Applications Project Officer”
Deadline for receipt of applications: February 15th, 2016.
Only preselected candidate will be contacted for interviews.
For more information please contact +212 6 93 722 122
Casablanca, January 28th, 2016.