Role/position title: Project Local Representative: Vocational Training System Reform
Location: Oujda – Morocco
Start date: 01/09/2017 (TBC)
End date: 30/06/2020
The project “Kafaat Liljamia – Development of a quality, modern, labour market driven by an inclusive VET system in Morocco” will be granted to the British Council in partnership with the Spanish International Development Agency (AECID) through a delegation agreement for implementation to the value of €2.4 million over three years.
It has the overall objective of supporting the reform of the Vocational Education Training (VET) system in its ambition to promote the development of human capital for sustainable, inclusive, participatory growth.
This action will contribute to specific objectives of developing a wider and more inclusive training offer and implementing more integrated governance and enhanced coordination between all stakeholders involved, by focusing on both regional and local level. It will align with the recently adopted Morocco National VET Strategy and build on the Governance for Employability in the Mediterranean (GEMM) project. The programme’s overall objective is to improve the model of regional VET governance so that it ensures the provision of high quality VET, relevant to the needs of the labour market and inclusive for all groups of society, in Tangier-Tetouan-El Hoceima and the Oriental region.
Under the supervision of the Project Team Leader and with the support of British Council and AECID staff, the Local Facilitator in a part-time consultancy assignment will lead and manage the project activities at the Oriental region, ensuring that procedures are respected and the timeline is met according to quality standards. The main duties will include:
- Developing and nurturing relationships with relevant VET stakeholders in the Oriental region including public, private and other development partners.
- Coordinating the delivery of the activities in the Oriental region.
- Supporting the Team Leader in the organisation of events and activities in the Oriental region, as per the project plan and result areas.
- Ensuring that positive and productive relationships with Moroccan stakeholders in the TVET sector in the Oriental region are in place and regularly monitored.
- Supporting the Grant Manager in the launching process of the calls for proposals, coordinate information and training sessions on the grant scheme targeting all relevant stakeholders and reaching out to grantees to ensure a smooth delivery of funded projects in the Oriental region.
The Local Facilitator will be managed by the project Team Leader and will be accountable to British Council. He/ she will be based in Oujda (with a level of flexibility within the Oriental region) for the duration of the project, with associated travel to Tangiers and Rabat if required.
A total of 240 working days have been allocated for this position to be delivered over a period of 3 years.
The consultant shall be paid on a daily rate commensurate to experience and salary history.
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree in a relevant subject (political science, business administration, economics, governance..)
- At least 3/5 years’ working experience as a project manager and proven project management skills.
- Knowledge of the political/economic context of the Oriental region in Morocco. Professional experience in engaging with local authorities, high level public representatives and private sector stakeholders at the local and regional level.
- Experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Experience in events planning coordination and execution
- Professional experience in the education/Vocational Education and Training sector.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and capacity to report to the team regularly and efficiently
- Excellent command of written and spoken French.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong communicator internally with team members and externally with stakeholders.
- Leadership skills and high level of proactivity.
- Computer and digital literacy.
- Experience in public policy and/or public sector reform and/or private sector development.
- Professional experience with donor funded projects (EU, World Bank, UN, DFiD…)
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your CV tailored to the above requirements to [email protected] with the title Project Local Representative Morocco.
The Deadline for applications: 09/07/2017
Please note we can only respond to shortlisted applicants.