Job Title: Programme Assistant
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to: Director of Programme, North Africa and Middle East (MENA) Region
Salary range: According to the salary grid, and experience of candidate
SOS Children’s Villages www.sos-childrensvillages.org is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children’s rights and committed to children’s needs and concerns since 1949. In 133 countries and territories, our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children’s Villages, children experience reliable relationships and loving care once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also support disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families’ and communities’ resources, on their ability to organize themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
The International Office for the Region North Africa and Middle East (MENA) supports capacity building and development in member associations and in different areas of work. It leads and guides the development of programmes, strategies and policies in the Region.
Purpose of Role
As member of the Programme team, the Programme Assistant will help drive the on-going development of programme work within the region, ensuring the best possible responses adapted to the situation of children in each community. The Programme Assistant supports the Regional Director of Programme (RDP) and Regional Programme Advisors in the development of regional policy support documents and monitoring MAs. He/She conducts desk research, shares and documents good practices during programme visits. Coordinates knowledge management and internal communication, provides General MA support, and facilitates knowledge sharing events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts desk research on different topics related to the Programme area (alternative care; child protection; youth integration etc..)
- Shares information within the Programme function about innovative programme approaches and supports the documentation of such approached, good practices and lessons learnt
- Supports in the development of various tools and policy support documents in English, French and Arabic language
- Review documents/summarize documents
- Supports in different actions related to the coordination, internal communication and reporting of the Programme Department (meeting preparations; minutes etc…)
- Keep up to date regional monitoring overviews
- Supports in the organization of meetings and conferences (virtual and face to face)
- Participates in global projects/networks as requested.
- Makes translation of documents in Arabic, French and English
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project/programme coordination and development
- Experience in capacity building in project cycle management, programme proposal development, monitoring and evaluation and related subjects
- Experience working in the MENA region
Skills & Knowledge
- Technical skills related to project cycle management including proposal writing and monitoring & evaluation.
- Ability to make presentation and lead capacity building activities/workshops
- Leadership skills especially relating to change processes
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to articulate the work of SOS Children’s Villages with passion.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French is required
- Master’s degree in development studies, international cooperation, sociology or a related field is required
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: HR.MENA@sos-kd.org with copy to programme.mena@sos-kd.Org
Please ensure that you mention the title of the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
SOS CVI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become part of our organization. Also, we need to keep children safe, therefore our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The deadline for applications is: 15th January 2018.