FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR) are implementing the USAID Career Center program in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with the Government of Morocco, specifically with the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Education. USAID Career Center will play a central role in advancing USAID Morocco and the Government of Morocco’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans by assisting young students’ and graduates’ transition from education to employment. The program will establish Career Centers linked to universities and the vocational education training system, and will incorporate work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and improved performance of youth.
SCOPE OF WORK
Supervised by the Chief of Party (COP), the Program Support Officer will work closely with the program technical, administrative, and operational staff to contribute to successful implementation of USAID Career Center. The Program Support Officer will support the COP by fulfilling the following main responsibilities: 1) Support production of key program deliverables, plans and reports; 2) Support program planning efforts; 3) Assist the Technical Director in the supervision of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of program activities; 4) Support the COP in daily production of program documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will support the COP by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
1) Support production of key program deliverables, plans and reports
- Assist the COP in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assist the COP and Technical Director in the production of the annual Work Plan
- Support the COP in maintaining effective working relationships with subcontractors in order to effectively coordinate the implementation of the program and its reporting efforts
2) Support program planning efforts
- Assist the COP in overseeing planning and coordination of program activities with the three pilot regions
- Support the establishment of work plans at the regional level
- Ensure tracking of implementation of activities against quarterly and annual work plans, both at the regional and national level of program implementation
3) Assist the Technical Director in the supervision of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of program activities
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation reporting efforts
- Produce analysis of data to be selectively used in communication or reporting documents and ensure coordination between M&E and technical teams in that effort.
- Ensure quality of produced M&E documents and analyses.
4) Support the COP in daily production of program documentation
- Assist the COP in the production of general documents on program (presentations, fact sheets, highlights, stories)
- Assist the COP in the preparation of key milestones of the program (steering committees, meetings with partners)
Key Skills and Knowledge
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary subject such as International Relations or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in the development sector
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills with a proven track record of production of written documents, both for reporting and communication purposes
- A proven track record at producing comprehensive reports with inputs of various contributors
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the Moroccan labor market and/or higher education and vocational education systems
- Excellent interpersonal and multi‐cultural skills
- Native English speaker, with outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Good command of French. Arabic will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent computer skills: specifically MS Office
The selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Program Support Officer will report to the USAID Career Center COP.
TOTAL PROPOSED LEVEL OF EFFORT
Full-time level of effort
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to email@example.com with “Program Support Officer” in the subject line by August 11, 2017