Position location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Program Assistant will support administrative and programmatic operations; handling logistics; supporting procurements; organizing project events, workshops, and trainings; and monitoring grant activities as needed. This is a Grade 6 position.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Assistant will report to the Program Director.
- Documentation of inventory, procurement, and grants will be complete and up-to-date;
- Project participants and staff will have the logistical support required to attend activities and achieve objectives;
- The project will comply with State Department and Moroccan government regulations, with no waste or abuse of project funds;
- The project’s Rabat office will coordinate effectively with Creative home office staff to ensure the successful completion of activities
- Draft Purchase Requests (PR), Purchase Orders (PO), contracts, memos, and scopes of work (SOWs) for program activities;
- Review the contracts deliverables, ensuring proper invoices and supporting documents are provided to Finance prior to any payment request is issued;
- Assist with procurement and inventory of regular office supplies, with proper documentation;
- Coordinate program activity logistics, ensuring participants, trainers, and/or staff have appropriate venues to participate in trainings, accommodation, travel arrangements, and supplies necessary for trainings;
- Ensure that project facilities and goods are in proper working order and problems and issues that arise are dealt with proactively and resolved with documented outcomes;
- Update, manage and track the list of inventory and ensure that all physical items are properly labeled and accounted for;
- Manage personnel-related legal matters and liaise with the lawyer and Creative’s HQ human resources office on the interpretation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Ensure effective and efficient filing and document control, including full procurement, HR files, Creative Registration, vetting, employment contracts, vendor documents, official correspondence, etc.;
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Technical certification in a related field required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- At least two years of work experience in a related field;
- Previous experience working with international organizations, particularly US-funded organizations;
- Demonstrated capacity to support program operations, administration, and logistics;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in French.
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation for applying.
Please forward applications, in English marked “PEM-PA” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission is: 11th December 2016.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.