Position title: North Africa Marine Program Manager, WWF Mediterranean Programme office
Directly and technically reports to: North Africa Director
Location: Tunis, Casablanca
The North Africa Marine Program Manager leads and coordinates the development and management of WWF sub-regional marine program, integrated in WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative, including strategy implementation and staff supervision;. supports project development and fundraising; develops and manages relations with the key marine actors and istitutions, and represents WWF in policy fora identified by the MMI strategy; supervises the marine project portfolio and leads the implementation of projects as assigned to his/her supervision; ensures the monitoring of progress, evaluation of results and reporting to donors and to WWF Network.
The Regional Manager, Fisheries Policy is responsible for the development and implementation of WWF MedPO fisheries strategy,; provides the strategic lead and coordination on fisheries policy work in the context of the MMI;
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the development and implementation of the marine program for WWF In North Africa (Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya),including strategy development, implementation and monitoring;
- Ensure that activities and projects contribute to WWF MedPO strategy;
- Act as the WWF spokesperson in North Africa in relation to marine related issues;
- Research and identifies funding opportunities and priorities to develop WWF’s marine programme portfolio in North Africa;
- Contribute to develop project concepts and proposals;
- Monitor sub-regional policy processes and establishes, together with North Africa Director and the MMI leader any strategic directions or WWF engagement in such processes.
- Build the relationship and dialogue with public authorities on marine related issues, sharing our vision and work, and strengthening strategic relationships as needed.Build relations and partnerships with civil society and the public and private sector as necessary for the development and implementation of WWF marine strategy in North Africa.
- A university degree and technical proficiency in marine conservation, fisheries management, policy development, or relevant field;
- At least 2 to 5 years professional experience in marine resource management, preferably with at least 2 years in a senior role, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and projects and budgets;
- Proven experience in marine conservation issues, negotiations with internal and external stakeholders, and design and activation of strategic partnerships;
- Experience in ecosystem based management, small scale fisheries, marine protected areas and integrated ocean management, including capacity to engage with public and private stakeholders and address participatory management processes;
- Preference will be given to those with field experience, specifically in working with fishermen and local fisheries associations and with proven knowledge of the Mediterranean region;
- Proficiency in Arabic, English and French, additional languages will be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with WWF network will be considered an advantage.
To apply please send your CV with a motivation letter to [email protected] by February 22, 2016.