An International Organization seeks to hire a Senior Interpreter/Translator to support staff based in Rabat in day-to-day translation needs of democracy-strengthening programs with political parties, civic organizations, elected officials, parliamentarians and other partners. The position will assist in preparing written materials for activities and communication with local partners. The position reports to the Senior Program Manager. This position is contingent upon funding.
Please send your applications to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2015.
- Oversee and coordinate the timely translation of training materials;
- Provide accurate written translations of correspondence, daily press clippings and other documents, including editing and adapting;
- Provide spoken interpretation – consecutive and simultaneous using equipment – at meetings with senior political officials and at trainings in Rabat and around the country;
- Perform other duties, as assigned, during busy periods, including organizing meetings and contacting partners;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Demonstrated relevant experience with International or Moroccan organizations;
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact all levels of NDI staff, political leaders, government representatives, members of the diplomatic community and various sectors of civil society;
- Ability to provide simultaneous interpretation and written communications (including editing and adapting) clearly, in French, English and Arabic; Ability to compose and manage official correspondence;
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications, including word processing, power point, spreadsheet programs and email;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to work in a political situation in a nonpartisan manner;
- Ability to travel within Morocco and work flexible hours, including weekends;