An International Organisation seeks to hire a Program Coordinator to work in its Rabat office on a fulltime basis to support an 18 month, electionfocused program. The position reports directly to the Political Party Program Director.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Please send your applications to [email protected] no later than December 31, 2015.
Program Coordinator (Rabat)
The Program Coordinator supports the Program Director and other senior staff based in Rabat in implementation of democracystrengthening
programs with political parties, civic organizations, election officials, parliamentarians and other partners by performing a variety of duties. The
position reports to the Political Party Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Assists senior staff with program planning and implementation, including overseeing assigned projects and solving problems which arise during the implementation phase;
● Coordinates implementation of trainings, seminars and consultations with partner organizations and conducts appropriate followup after the events; participates as appropriate in training and consultations based on needs and individual skills;
● Maintains close working relationships with key contacts to ensure ongoing engagement in programs;
● Oversees logistical preparations and needs for activity participants, consultants, trainers and NDI staff;
● Monitors local media to assess political developments in Morocco and identify opportunities for possible programming;
● Provides accurate translation when necessary of correspondence, press clippings, training materials and other documents, as well as informal interpretation in meetings;
● Conducts research on current policy issues including economy, health care, education, and infrastructure.
● Under supervision, monitors activity budgets and provides proper and timely accounting of funds and expenses;
● Records minutes and notes from meetings and events and drafts activity reports and other documentation as necessary;
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Strong understanding of Moroccan governmental and political institutions;
● Strong understanding of the Moroccan electoral processes;
● Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in logistics, event coordination, communication and strategic problem solving;
● Demonstrated coursework or experience in international development, political science, women’s rights, community organizing, organizational development or related subjects;
● Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of NDI staff, political leaders,
government representatives, and various sectors of civil society;
● Demonstrates high level of professionalism managing confidential information.
● Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures;
● Ability to provide oral and written communication clearly in French, English and Arabic to party or organization representatives, training participants and NDI colleagues;
● Working knowledge of basic computer applications, including Google applications, word processing and spreadsheet programs ;
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
● Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
● Ability to work in a political situation in a nonpartisan manner;
● Ability to travel and work flexible hours;
● Bachelor’s Degree.