The NPA establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with national counterparts, multi lateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society in order to jointly contribute to achieving the Plan of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and the Millenium Development Goals. The NPA is a substantive contributor to the Programme team in the UNFPA Country Office, and to Thematic Group and Working Groups in the UN Country Team.
Specifically, the NPA fulfils the following duties:
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to reproductive health and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination and development frameworks
- Contributes for the formulation and design of the UNDAF, UNFPA Country Programme, action plan and annual workplans, in line with Government priorities, UNDAF results framework and UNFPA Strategic Plan; this is done through participatory work with Government counterparts, civil society and other partners, including UN agencies. Ensures the quality of programme design based on evidence, good practices and lessons learned, and establishing appropriate execution and monitoring mechanisms and systems.
- Supports annual workplan implementation establishing collaborative relationships with implementing agencies and other partners facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs and addressing capacity needs of national institutions. Fosters joint programming with UN agencies and other relevant partners.
- Monitors and reports on annual workplan expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels. Ensures efficiency of programme expenditures.
- Ensures the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and annual workplans as per established standards, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular reviews to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, identifies constraints and resource requriements, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- Creates and documents knowledge about current and emerging trends in RH, maternal health, and STIs by analyzing research findings, strategies, programmes and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in advocacy, knowledge sharing and planning future strategies
- Assists advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. fact sheets, policy briefs, project proposals, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Undertakes any other task given by the UNFPA Representative
- Results-based programme development and management
- Contributes to the achievement of results through primary research and analysis and effective monitoring of programme/project implementation; uses analytical skills to identify opportunities for project development and participates in the formulation of proposals ensuring substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches.
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Enhances existing processes and products; documents and analyzes innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches; adapts quickly to change.
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/Building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts to keep abreast of developments and to share information; analyzes selected materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders. Fosters joint programming and participates in thematic groups.
Advocacy/Advancing a policy oriented agenda
- Prepares and communicates relevant information for evidence-based advocacy; maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society to support advocacy efforts and takes opportunities for advocating for UNFPA/s mandate. Actively participates in thematic groups
- Provides inputs to resource mobilization strategies analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors, and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate: Acts in accordance with UN/UNFPA values and holds himself/herself accountable for actions taken. Demonstrates personal commitment to UNFPA’s mandate and to the organizational vision.
- Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning: Takes responsibility for personal learning and career development and actively seeks opportunities to learn through formal and informal means. Learns from others inside and outside the organization adopting best practices created by others. Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge.
- Valuing diversity: Demonstrates an international outlook, appreciates differences in values and learns from cultural diversity. Takes actions appropriate to the religious and cultural context and shows respect, tact and consideration for cultural differences. Observes and inquires to understand the perspectives of others and continually examines his/her own biases and behaviors.
- Working in teams: Works collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside of UNFPA to allow the achievement of common goals and shared objectives. Actively seeks resolution of disagreements and supports the decisions of the team.
- Communicating information and ideas: Delivers oral and written information in a timely, effective and easily understood manner. Participates in meetings and group discussions actively listening and sharing information. Frankly expresses ideas with the intent to resolve issues, considers what others have to say and responds appropriately to criticism.
- Conflict and self management: Manages personal reactions by remaining calm, composed and patient even when under stress or during a crisis and avoids engaging in unproductive conflict. Expresses disagreement in constructive ways that focus on the issue not the person. Tolerates conditions of uncertainty or ambiguity and continues to work productively.
Working with people
- Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management: Integrates himself/herself into the work unit seeking opportunities to originate action and actively contributing to achieving results with other members of the team. Knows his/her limitations and strength, welcomes constructive criticism and feedback and gives honest and contractive feedback to colleagues and supervisors. Seeks new challenges and assignments and exhibits a desire to learn. Accepts responsibility for personal performance participating in individual work planning and objective setting seeking feedback and acting to continuously improve performance.
Personal Leadership and Effectiveness
- Analytical and strategic thinking: Uses appropriate analytical tools and logic to gather, define and analyze information, situations and problems and draws logical conclusions from data. Demonstrates an ability to set clear and appropriate priorities focusing on tasks and activities which have a strategic impact on results. Anticipates and meets information needs of the team and other stakeholder
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence: Strives to achieve high personal standard of excellence. Takes action that goes beyond responding to the obvious needs of the situation and persists until successful outcomes are achieved.
- Appropriate and transparent decision making: Makes timely and appropriate decisions taking into consideration various and complex issues and takes responsibility for the impact of decisions.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic Requirements: Minimum of Master’s degree in health, public health, and/or other related social sciences.
- Experience: At least 3 years of professional experience in health programme/project management in the public, NGO or private sector. Experience in Maternal Health and/or Adolescent and Youth reproductive health is an asset. Excellent knowledge of Results Based management
- Languages:Fluency in French and Arabic, and good working knowledge of English.
- Computer and other skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications.
DEPOT DE CANDIDATURE :
Les candidat(e)s intéressé(e)s voudront bien adresser au plus tard le 23 mai 2013, une lettre de candidature indiquant le titre du poste, dans une enveloppe marquée «CONFIDENTIELLE» à l’attention de Mme Aïcha Yamani, Assistante Personnelle de la Représentante, à l’adresse suivante : UNFPA, 13 Avenue Ahmed Balafrej, Souissi – Rabat ou à l’adresse électronique : firstname.lastname@example.org. Cette lettre devra obligatoirement être accompagnée d’un Curriculum Vitae détaillé, du formulaire « Personal History » des Nations Unies dûment rempli (à télécharger à partir des sites : www.un.org.ma, www.tanmia.ma), de photocopie des diplômes ainsi que trois lettres de recommandation
Seules les candidatures répondant aux critères du poste seront prises en considération.
-L’UNFPA ne demande et ne vérifie pas le statut sérologique VIH/SIDA et ne tolère aucune discrimination liée à celui-ci-