Media Diversity Institute recruits a project assistant based in Rabat.
To apply send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
MDI Morocco Project Assistant Job Description
POSITION : MDI Morocco Project Assistant
TERM : Until 31 May 2016 (subject to 3 month probationary period)
RESPONSIBLE TO : MDI Morocco Project Coordinator
To assist with the implementation of all aspects of the ‘Promoting Freedom of Expression, Diversity and Inclusive Journalism in Morocco’ project, in coordination with UK and local project staff and local partner organisations, in accordance with project plans and budget.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• To coordinate project activities in collaboration with UK and local staff, and local partner organisations to ensure the effective implementation of the project;
• To be completely familiar with all planned activities, events and publications outlined in the project application;
• To support the missions of all consultants and trainers working in Morocco on behalf of MDI;
• To assist in the running of MDI’s Morocco office;
• To assist with monthly reports to MDI London on expenditure, bank reconciliation and projected income needs;
• To assist in ensuring all project information and materials are provided for upload to the MDI Arabic and English websites in an accurate and timely fashion;
• To assist in the organisation and coordination of project activities throughout the country (including events, workshops and meetings)
• To assist with the French and Arabic-language output and communications of the project by providing translation as required;
• To encourage and assist with the dissemination of project-generated outputs in both the local and international media;
• To assist in collecting all articles and reports, both printed and electronic on the project;
• To assist with the provision of project reports to the Swiss cooperation and UK embassy in Rabat as required, in cooperation with MDI London office;
• To provide other assistance as may be required in support of the project.
Key Competencies :
Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.