Title: M&E Officer Location: Rabat, Morocco
Practice Area: Governance and Civil Society Reporting to: Chief of Party or his designate
Grade: N/A Date: August 28, 2017 by 6.30 pm WEST
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking an M&E Officer for its USAID-funded project in Morocco. This is a full time position based in Rabat, Morocco. This position will report to the Chief of Party or his designate.
The Morocco Civil Society Strengthening Program (CSSP) is a four-year program (2015-2019) that aims to strengthen civil society infrastructure and individual organizational capacity, with the goal of supporting CSOs and coalitions that engage in advocacy initiatives and that are able to influence policy-making. The program also fosters greater engagement between CSOs and government institutions at the local and national levels for the development and implementation of public policy mechanisms.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work with the COP and other M&E officers of the Program on the design and management of processes for monitoring, evaluating and learning program activities (MELP, DQA, MSC, …); oversee the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (MELP) and ensure the integrity of the data collected. He will contribute to the design, supervision and quality control of data collected by surveys and Focus Groups or provided by responsible for activities.
Through close collaboration with the CSSP Morocco Team, the M&E Officer will:
- Work with various technical units on implementation of the approved activities to ensure they meet the program’s objectives and MELP indicators;
- Work with program staff to ensure that site visits to grantees and partners include collection of necessary data;
- With the collaboration of other M&E Officers, he will manage and integrate the Data to the Knowledge Management Portal (KMP) as well as Aid Tracker and Trainet, in liaison with USAID;
- Verify the quality and integrity of that data. Collect the latter from the Regional Coordinators, ICNL and the targeted partners;
- Update and report on the Monitoring, Evaluation Learning Plan (MELP) as well as the revised Work Plan;
- Prepare the quarterly et annual Reports of the CSSP;
- Provide input on different program reports;
- Work closely with the technical unit on the success stories;
- Prepare the weekly monitoring and evaluation report in coordination with the technical unit;
- Assist the responsible for CCSP activities in the design and delivery of the M&E related training and technical assistance for civil society organizations (ISOs, coalitions) and local government partners (communes and regions);
- Communicate efficiently the purpose and intentions of the MELP to internal and external stakeholders while ensuring coordination of activities between the headquarters of Counterpart International and Rabat office;
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- University degree required in M&E, public policy, economics, business, international cooperation/international development, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with international development programs, preferably under USAID projects.
- Proven success implementing, and operating project M&E systems.
- Experience managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing monitoring and evaluation and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to local subgrantees.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Experience with integrating beneficiaries and stakeholders, especially women and other marginalized voices, into the evaluation and learning processes is desired.
- Written and oral fluency in French and Arabic required. Advanced level in English is required.
- Strong multicultural, interpersonal, and supervision skills.
- Experience in Morocco preferred.
Individuals interested in working with Counterpart International on this project should send a dossier of application including a CV and a cover letter stating your availability and salary expectation to the following Email Box: [email protected] indicating ‘M&E Officer Position’ in the subject.