Title: Logistic Coordinator Location: Rabat, Morocco
Practice Area: Administration Reporting to: Director, Finance and Admin
Grade: N/A Date: August 28, 2017 by 6.30 pm WEST
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Logistic Coordinator for its USAID-funded project in Morocco. This is a full time position based in Rabat, Morocco. This position will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
The Morocco Civil Society Strengthening Program (CSSP) is a four-year program (2015-2019) that aims to strengthen civil society infrastructure and individual organizational capacity, with the goal of supporting CSOs and coalitions that engage in advocacy initiatives and that are able to influence policy-making. The program also fosters greater engagement between CSOs and government institutions at the local and national levels for the development and implementation of public policy mechanisms.
The Logistics Coordinator will work with the Director of Finance and Administration to support programmatic operations; handling logistics; supporting procurements; organizing project events, workshops, and trainings; as needed.
Through close collaboration with the CSSP Morocco Team, the Logistics Coordinator will:
- Coordinate program activity logistics, ensuring participants, trainers, consultant and/or program staff have appropriate venues to participate in program events, accommodation, travel arrangements, and needed supplies necessary;
- Launch calls for tenders related to technical activities’ procurement, according to Field Procurement Manual guidelines & policies and follow up with vendors;
- Run Visual Compliance for vendors
- Draft Memorandums of vendor’s selection;
- Submit the procurement packages to the Procurement Manager to ensure that all Purchase Orders (PO), Vendors Contracts and memos for program activities are prepared;
- Ensure deliverables are in compliance with orders;
- Ensure proper invoices and supporting documents are provided to Finance prior to any payment request is issued;
- Work closely with the Regional Coordinators to prepare budgets of activities held in their regions;
- Work closely with the Regional Coordinators for the implementation of the program events at regional levels;
- Prepare budgets of activities held in the region of Rabat-Kénitra;
- Run visual compliance for participants of events held in the region of Rabat-Kénitra;
- Prepare participants folders contents;
- Attend the technical staff meetings;
- Update and monitor the digital and physical calendar related to technical activities;
- Ensure efficient communication with CSSP Morocco staff and HQ staff;
- University degree required in economics or business
- Minimum five (3) years’ professional experience in program support and logistic with international organization, preferably under USAID projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Arabic, French and English.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Willingness to acquire new skills and knowledge required for the job.
- Willingness to travel internally in Morocco.
- Strong multicultural and interpersonal.
- Experience in Morocco preferred.
Individuals interested in working with Counterpart International on this project should send a dossier of application including a CV and a cover letter stating your availability and salary expectation to the following Email Box: email@example.com indicating ‘Logistic Coordinator Position’ in the subject.