Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact seeks two Local Education Specialists to participate in a Landscape Assessment for Multilingual Instruction of Morocco. The key objective of this assessment is to evaluate the potential for USAID support to the Government of Morocco (GOM) for introducing English language instruction in upper primary schools and English as the language of instruction into secondary schools. The Local Education Specialist will be a member on a 5-person team conducting qualitative fieldwork likely consisting of interviews and focus groups with Ministry officials, teachers, students, parents, community members, and other knowledgeable experts and stakeholders.
This position is currently estimated to begin in March and conclude in June. The fieldwork in Morocco, which will be the majority of the time commitment for this position, is likely to last 5 weeks from late April-May, and will involve interviews in Rabat as well as throughout the country. The expected level of effort(LOE) for this position is 38 days.
The Local Education Specialists will:
- Contribute to LAMI design and data analysis, as assigned by the Team Leader, ensuring that the assessment design and findings are tailored to the local education context
Accompany the Team Leader, Local Expert, and Costing Specialist during fieldwork to help facilitate and take notes during interviews
- Ensure quality control and oversight of translators, as needed
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Prior experience conducting qualitative fieldwork
- Experience in the education sector preferred
- Fluency in Moroccan Arabic and English, French preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=1953