Basic Function of the Position:
The Local Coordinator (LC), under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director (ED),
provides necessary support to ensure the development of Nawat, provides support to member
organisations, and programmatic support.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
A. Communication Support (approximately 20% LOE)
• Develop key promotional messages in consultation with the ED and assist in developing and coordinating communication activities, including drafting press briefings, and press releases, their distribution to the target groups and monitor the preparation of press clippings;;
• To oversee internal and external communication and media work to reach out more effectively to Nawat’s target audiences, including tailored tools for members;
• To communicate regularly with Nawat’s member through Nawat’s official social media accounts and via additional channels, as specified by the ED.
B. Administrative Support (approximately 35% LOE)
• Perform routine administrative tasks;
• In coordination with the ED, review Program related correspondence and ensure interested parties are kept informed;
• Translation from English to Arabic;
• Maintenance of Nawat’s membership database.
C. Project Planning and Support (approximately 25% LOE)
• Provide support to ED in the development of member-oriented projects/programs, including supporting capacity building activities for local NGOs.
• Assist in preparation of program documentation, including: Program Proposals; Weekly Monday Reports to the ED; Program Evaluations; Project Evaluation and Follow Up Reports.
D. Other Duties and Activities (20% LOE)
• Support the development and implementation of high-quality events;
• Participate in the evaluation and assessment of program design, recommend improvements, and provide relevant feedback for programs strengthening.
• As instructed by ED, support in the development of competitive grant proposals.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Nawat is represented locally as a technically sound, operationally efficient, professional network that brings added value to member organisations.
• Program documentation is well organized and maintained.
• Nawat is supported in creating viable, practicable programs that are aligned with member needs, capacity and priorities.
• Good working relations are developed with member organizations.
Supervision and Guidance
The Local Coordinator functions under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. The Local Coordinator performs many of the designated job functions with general independence. Performance Planning and Reviews will be conducted to assist in successfully meeting the objectives set out in this
Position Description. Evaluation of the position will be provided on a bi-annual basis.
• Prior Experience: Minimum of two years working within a development organization or similar experience.
• Language Proficiency: Spoken and written fluency in both Arabic and English.
• Skills and Abilities: Ability to represent Nawat effectively and professionally with member organizations, local officials, Volunteers, and Donors. Capability to provide technical assistance as needed. Organizational and administrative skills.
Excellent computer skills in word-processing and database management. Excellent interpersonal skills. Readiness to travel as needed.
Salary commensurate with the cost of living in the host country.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a current resume accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com no later than March 21, 2018. Please include “Local Coordinator” in the subject line.