Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is the comprehensive development agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA) such as its financial and technical cooperation.
- Expected attributes and description of Development Project Officer in Rabat
– Energetic, punctual, self-motivated and team player
– Has a potential and an interest in the sector of international cooperation
- Manages economic and social development projects supported by Japanese ODA.
- Expected to be in charge of fisheries sector, south-south cooperation mainly between Morocco and Sub-Saharan African countries, and follow-up of current socio-economic issues in Morocco. (The sectors to be in charge could be reviewed and changed by the Direction.)
- Collects, analyzes, and drafts reports on current socio-economic and on development issues including potential projects and programs.
- Conducts both domestic and international business trips
- Contract conditions to be determined based on the experience of the candidate (NB: The baseline is a 1 year contract including the first 6 months as a provisional period. The contract can be renewed with a possibility to be a permanent staff, the range of salary will be determined depending on the competence as well as the academic and professional experiences.)
- Must have BAC + 4 or more
- Must have a high competence in French and English language (international score for English such as TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC etc. is necessary. A score superior to 600 pts in TOEFL PBT, or equivalent level, are advantageous.)
- Must have computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
- Competence in Japanese language and/or working experience of more than 3 years in development project management are advantageous.
- Knowledge on fisheries sector, infrastructure and/or transport sector are advantageous.
Please send CV and short essay in English about “Motivation of application” (no more than 1 page) no later than August 22, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. to JICA Morocco office by e-mail:
(Due to our e-mail system setup, please keep the volume under 2MB when sending documents via e-mail, and do not attach zip files, otherwise it will be automatically rejected.)
For more information on JICA’s activities : http://www.jica.go.jp
Only fully qualified applicants will be invited to the written examination and interviews. The applicants are requested to bring 1) one photo copy of bachelor degree (and/or more) diploma and 2) one photo copy of certificate showing their English competence for their interview. The candidate is expected to start working in September /October, 2017. All applications will be treated in confidence.