Position: Industry Analysis Trainer
Location: Rabat Morocco
FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR), are implementing the USAID Career Center program in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with Government of Morocco (GOM) counterparts, the Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Education. USAID CAREER CENTER will play a central role in advancing USAID/Morocco and the GOM’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans. The program is currently in the process of establishing career development centers linked to universities and the vocational training system, and incorporating work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and performance of youth in the workplace.
The USAID Career Center’s theory of change is based on the premise that the most powerful way to achieve systemic change is by affecting people’s mindsets. In this case, the mindsets of youth, and employers, are fundamental to achieving better outcomes in the labor market and smoother transitions for youth between education and employment. USAID Career Center has completed six industry analyses. The objective of this consultancy is to document the process and tools utilized for those analyses and convert them into learning tools to train Career Center staff..
This consultancy is taking place following a first phase of STTA with that same consultant during, which she delivered training material and other deliverables. The Scope of Work outlined in this document includes the development and implementation/facilitation of industry analysis training at each university and vocational training Career Center.
The consultant will develop a new structure for the donor mapping report and conduct additional research to update the list of donors and their activities, based on specific categories. A map displaying donor activities throughout Morocco will be created. Additional graphics will be added to the report to display statistics.
In addition and separate from the above tasks the consultant will work with the Career Center staff to coordinate the preparation of work related documents that may be required from time to time. This will include monthly/ quarterly reports, review of documents and working with functional teams to deliver offerings for use in the Career Centers.
There are 4 crucial objectives to these processes for which the consultant will be responsible:
- Implement/facilitate training on industry analysis tools to Career Center staff:
- Deliver training sessions for the Career Center staff on the processes required to conduct an industry analysis. The intention is to provide initial training to the university based Career Center staff in December Following this, initial training feedback will be gathered and refinements to the training will be developed. This updated course will be used to train the vocational training Career Center staff and update the university staff in January-February.
- Facilitate with each Career Center to identify one or two new industry sectors to analyze and develop an action plan.
- Training sessions for Career Center staff n the three regions.
- Complete practical “how-to guide” for Career Center staff outlining the industry analysis process used to develop the current analyses. This will include instruction the use of the readily available tools online.
- Action plan for each new sector to be analyzed by each region.
- Delivery of Rapid Industry Analyses
- Consultant will support each Career Center regionally to prepare one or more analyses in Year 3.
- Completed analyses from each region to be delivered in a summary (10 page format).
- New structure for Donor Mapping
- A final report will be created and used to create a website highlighting donor activity.
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly reports, review documents and work with functional teams to deliver offerings for use in the Career Centers:
- The consultant will aggregate the inputs provided by staff in Rabat and each regional coordinator to produce the necessary reports.
- Work with the various functional sections to review English deliverables.
- Assist in development of Career Center offerings as required.
Level of Effort
The consultant will be engaged by Golden Resources
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to [email protected] with “Industry Analysis Trainer” in the subject line by Novembre 07th, 2016