Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Immediate Supervisor: Country Director/Morocco
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: AMIDEAST Rabat, Morocco
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist works closely with Country Director and the Director of Operations and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day facilitation of HR activities in the Morocco field offices. The HR Specialist is responsible for organizing and updating all personnel records, assisting staff with all HR needs and other administrative duties. This includes support to approximately 115 staff across six offices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Personnel and Orientation
- In compliance with all AMIDEAST’s HR procedures and policies, handles all HR tasks working with relevant staff in the Rabat and Casablanca offices.
- Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions in line with AMIDEAST strategic objectives and needs, in coordination with the Country Director and hiring managers.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations to foster positive attitudes towards serving clients and achieving organizational goals.
- Lead orientation of new employees for Rabat and supervise such activities with off-site Directors.
- Run Fed Checks for all new hires
- Prepare new hire files and coordinate with CD on getting HQ approvals on time
- Assist the Regional Finance team in all TS/salaries issues or variances on a monthly basis
- Receives and handles inquiries from different departments for onboarding staff, this should include but not limited to Recruitment, PAS forms, Contracts.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Ensures data accuracy related to CNSS and Tax withholdings and deductions, in compliance with the local labor law and Prepares social security & income tax monthly payment vouchers.
- Handles the calculation of periodic salary treatments such as bonuses, annual increases or salary adjustments.
- Maintains and ensures the renewal of insurance contracts, working with the relevant staff.
- Maintains archival human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Reviews & submit a final and complete US consultants, Adjunct Employees list along with their social security numbers and total compensation during every calendar year for submission to HQ.
- Keeps an updated database of all ICs and Adjunct employees with relevant mailing addresses to ensure they receive their tax forms in a timely manner.
- Prepares Administrative documents such as Work attestations, Pay Stubs and other admin documents requested by staff, within a reasonable timeframe.
- Prepares payroll and submits to Country Director for approval.
- Monitors timely submission of timesheets, staff leave balances and any other action related to HR.
- Maintain accurate records of staff leave requests and sick time; provide this information CD and Accounting Manager for accuracy of timesheets and payroll
- Manage all teacher employment files and coordinate any personnel issues associated with the English or Arabic teachers with the Director of Programs
- Advise the CD in collaboration with the Director of Operations in ensuring that all Moroccan labor and contract laws and regulations are addressed.
- An undergraduate degree (license) or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Organizational Development from an accredited educational institution.
- Preferred: A professional diploma or certification in Human Resources Management from a recognized institution or organization.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the Moroccan labor law and application to the workplace.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organization planning and development, and employee relations.
- Active affiliation with professional Human Resource associations and networks.
- A demonstrated ability to handle personnel information in a discrete and confidential manner.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and in English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- Ability to address micro issues, as well as macro organizational issues. In other words, experience multi-tasking a various levels.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to HRMorocco@amideast.org