Title: Financial Manager
Contract duration: One Year (Renewable)
Work Hours: 40 working hours per week
Job Location: HAF’s Center for Community Consensus-Building and Sustainable Development in Mohammedia (Hassan II University; Faculty of Law, Economics, and Social Science, Mohammedia)
Date of Entry on Duty: December 2013
Deadline for Applications: November 18, 2013
High Atlas Foundation is seeking one Financial Manager. Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors, the Financial Manager works closely with the Program Managers and Assistants to ensure the smooth and effective accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting tasks.
The Financial Manager is also expected to make recommendations to the HAF Executive staff and Board of Directors for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position must meet tight deadlines and an accounting for all HAF projects and activities.
The Financial Manager will assume the following responsibilities
The Financial Manager will assume the following responsibilities:
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely reporting at monthly, quarterly and year end closings, for HAF, and donors and partners as needed.
- Initiate budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing the organization work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Interface and provide needed support with all Program Managers and HAF staff to verify transaction reports and financial issues.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the HAF Treasurer and Executive staff regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like as needed.
- Work with the HAF Treasurer and Executive Director to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the organization overall and project specific operations.
- Managing monthly CNSS and tax filings in Morocco.
- Registering new employees with CNSS and setting them up on payroll.
- Processing monthly payroll and reimbursements (reviewing and processing).
- Entering expenses and receipts into the HAF’s Quickbooks accounting system.
- Compiling grant reports and financial reports.
- Budget development and analysis.
- Pay vendors (reviewing invoices, preparing checks or transfers)
- Tracking petty cash expenditures
- Bank account monitoring
- Bank reconciliations
- Entering monthly and quarterly accounting adjustments (depreciation, accruals, pre-paid, unearned revenue, and release of restricted funds.)
The Accounting Manager reports directly to and is supervised by the HAF’s Executive staff and Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required. Certified Accountant preferred.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas. Experience working with non-profit organizations or on development projects is a plus.
- Must be PC and Quickbooks proficient;
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in French and English is required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter, no later than November 18, 2013, stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written in English and emailed to: Jobs@highatlasfoundation.org
Only applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.