TITLE: Grants Officer LOCATION: Morocco-Rabat
PRACTICE AREA: Grants REPORTS TO: Senior Grants Officer
DATE DUE: October 5, 2017 before 18h30 Rabat Time START DATE: November 1, 2017
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions.
For more information and to apply online visit www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is seeking a Grants Officer for USAID-funded Civil Society Strengthening Program in Morocco (CSSP). The program supports civil society organizations (CSOs) to contribute more effectively to lawmaking and the public policy process, as well as the Government of Morocco to engage civil society in developing, implementing, and overseeing public policy. The position will provide grants monitoring for Counterpart’s local partners. Under the supervision of the Senior Grants Officer, the Grants Officer will be responsible for the day to day monitoring of Counterpart’s grantees. The Grants Officer will ensure effective management and monitoring of the grants with a focus on compliance with USAID rules and regulations. The Grants Officer should have demonstrated experience in financial reporting and USAID rules and regulations related to grants management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and support to the grantees;
- Track grantee deliverables and reports and ensure their compliance with Counterpart and USAID procedures;
- Support the department of grants;
- Provide feedback to the Grants Manager on performance and grant implementation concerns and needs;
- Support grantees to meet the Counterpart and USAID procedures;
- Oversee sub-grant tracking and ensure timely submission of reports and adherence to Counterpart and USAID policies;
- Conduct the pre-award surveys and issue recommendations for proper implementation of the grant;
- Implement site visits for monitoring of grant implementation, performance, compliance with USAID regulations,
- Conduct the budget negotiation process with the potential grantees to ensure its compliance with the Counterpart procedures;
- Provide the grantees with the necessary support on administrative and financial management
- Review and check all supporting documentation for financial reporting of the grantees and provide them with timeline feedbacks to ensure their compliance with Counterpart procedures;
- Track and review the grantees’ advances and ensure its compliance with the initial budget;
- Ensure that expenses are made in accordance with the budget lines;
- Track and review financial reports of the grants;
- Track invoices for VAT and prepare VAT reports;
- Maintain updated archiving (electronic and hard copies) for each grantee;
- Support the Grants Manager for closeout of grants;
- Ensure anti-corruption measures are in place and being adhered to;
- Coordinate with other CSSP departments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university or advanced degree in business administration, international development, or related field is required;
- At least 4 years’ work experience with USAID-funded programs, including demonstrated knowledge of US. Government rules, regulations, policies and procedures and sub-grants management and;
- At least 3 years’ work experience in Grants management including budgeting;
- Good knowledge of Civil Society environment in Morocco;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation is preferred;
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and serve as a project liaison with CSSP’s grantees;
- Strong computer skills, particularly with databases and MS office;
- Written and oral fluency in French and Arabic required, high knowledge of English preferred.
Individuals interested in working with Counterpart International on this project should send a dossier of application including a CV and a cover letter stating your availability and salary expectation to the following Email Box:
[email protected] indicating ‘Grants Officer Position 3’ in the subject.
“Counterpart International strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran’s status, age, marital status, sexual preference, disability or any other protected personal characteristic.”