Adam Smith International is currently looking for consultants for a potential 3-year assignment focused on providing technical assistance to governments in the North Africa region.
We are looking for consultants with experience in Morocco, and would especially like to hear from both Moroccan consultants.
We are looking for individuals with experience in Morocco in the following sectors: local governance and democracy, private sector development and economic reform (especially entrepreneurship, youth employment issues, and green jobs), justice and security.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of five years of experience designing and executing technical assistance and training programmes relating to public sector reform / economic reform and private sector development / security and justice
- Proven technical skills in in areas such as public financial management; civil service reform; local governance; anti-corruption, entrepreneurship, employment, support to SMEs, green growth, security and justice.
- Strong experience in Morocco
- Strong, relevant academic credentials
- Advanced language skills in French/Spanish and Arabic is highly desirable
- Experience working on policy dialogue and/or advocacy
- An ability to deliver results in a challenging environment (ideally in a conflict-affected state) – including a proven ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and produce output that is accurate, timely and of high quality.
- Strong relationship-building and inter-personal skills, an ability to work effectively in inter-cultural settings and multi-country work experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in a collegial and supportive manner, including lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams and multi-cultural environment.
Adam Smith International is particularly keen to hear from consultants with experience leading technical assistance teams in Morocco. However, we are also interested in hearing from more junior consultants with a track record of successful delivery working on relevant issues in North Africa and the Middle East.
About Adam Smith International
Adam Smith International (ASI) is the UK’s leading independent international development consultancy, and specialises in governance and economic reform. ASI’s track record for delivering real impact and knowledge transfer is underpinned by a commitment to getting things done, even in the most difficult circumstances. Our approach emphasises pragmatism and flexibility, without sacrifice of principle. We pride ourselves on our innovative problem solving and our ability to work with our clients to adapt rapidly in response to changing circumstances.
ASI has over 30 offices across the globe, including in Tunis. We currently deliver 146 projects in 49 countries for numerous international donors, including the World Bank. We have a strong focus on the MENA region, with offices in Tunis, Istanbul, Amman and Dubai, and projects in Tunisia, Libya, Jordan, Syria, Iraq and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
To find out more about our projects, please visit our website: http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/map/
Interested candidates should send their CV (letter of intent is not required) to Ms. Gabrielle d’Avezac at email@example.com