Position: Civil Society Consultant
Location: Tangier Morocco
About Golden Resources
Golden Resources Solutions is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas. Our company is recruiting a Civil Society Consultant for its partner DAI.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 60 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 180 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The purpose of the IPNM-TESS project is to support implementation of Morocco’s regionalisation process in the northern region of Tanger-Tétouan and Al Hoceïma (TTAH), through the provision of technical assistance to its regional government bodies and civil society. It is structured around the following three key areas: strengthening the capacity of regional government bodies, primarily the TTAH Regional Council; providing support to the regionalisation process, particularly on implementation and monitoring of the Plan de Developpement Regional (PDR); and convening opportunities for more effective dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders (government institutions, civil society, media, private sector and citizens). IPNM-TESS is a two-year project based in Tangiers and is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Scope of Work
Short-term technical assistance (STTA) is required to undertaking a mapping and needs assessment of civil society entities in Northern Morocco. This is a pivotal early part of the project to support identification of the best ways in which capacity building support can be provided, in line with IPNM-TESS’ Output 3, “Opportunities for dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders enhanced”.
- One 10-15-page report containing the following:
- Types of civil society entities present in the region, with summary information on their size, workforce and leadership;
- Sectoral and/or demographic focus;
- Geographic scope and coverage;
- Self-identified gaps in capacity, skills and resources;
- Details of their funding sources, including amount and time period covered;
- Objective assessment of their relationship and level of interaction with regional and local government institutions;
- Objective assessment of their relationship and level of interaction with similar civil society entities;
- Assessment of their perceived effectiveness by the communities they serve;
- Actionable recommendations as to where and how IPNM=TESS might support such entities, with priority next steps. Consideration should also be given to whether a type of grants mechanism might be of positive benefit to the target stakeholders.
An outline of the draft should be drawn up and discussed with the project at the beginning of the assignment.
A draft version of the report should be submitted to the project for review and feedback, at a date agreed between the consultant and the Team Leader upon commencement of the assignment. Following this, it is expected that a final version will be produced and submitted for approval and sign off. Additional days will not be provided for any further revisions required outside of this.
Level of Effort and location:
10-12 days’ total commitment. 5-7 days in country, based in Northern Morocco. Travel days are not billable.
- Relevant degree;
- Significant experience of working with or in civil society, with Moroccan and Northern Moroccan experience highly desirable;
- At least five years’ experience in civil society capacity building and engagement;
- Experience of undertaking needs assessments or mapping exercises preferable;
- Experience of producing timely and high quality deliverables for donor-funded projects;
- Fluency in, or strong command of, Moroccan Arabic or French (more than one preferred);
- Strong command of English essential.
Please provide a CV (max two pages) together with a covering letter (max one page) detailing your interest in and suitability to this position to email@example.com
Please clearly indicate the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail.
Closing date: March 7th,2018 23:59