Position: Program Officer
Location: Marrakech Morocco
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
About GOLDEN RESOURCES
Golden Resources is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas.
Summary of Position
GOLDEN RESOURCES is seeking a Program Officer for a four-year USAID-funded workforce development project in Morocco. The project may focus on strengthening the workforce and improving the employability of youth, enhancing their career potential for entering the labor market through vocational training services, business-led workforce development partnerships, and job placement.
The Program Officer will work closely with the Regional Program Coordinator. S/he will provide a technical and administrative assistance to support the program at a regional level and support implementation of all activities and actions in the region.
The Program Officer will support the quality of services delivery of the regional Career Centers. S/he will liaise with and provide technical assistance to the staff of the Career Centers both at the pilot university and vocational training institution. Along with the Regional Coordinator, s/he will act as a point of contact for host-institutions management staff and faculty.
S/he will provide assistance on reporting (monthly and quarterly reports, minutes of meetings…) and ensure the implementation follow-up of the regional activities.
The Program Officer will participate and support all the program activities at the regional level, and will be in the position to ensure the interim coordination of the program, in the Regional Coordinator’s absence.
Administrative and logistical support
The Program Officer will provide a comprehensive administrative support to the regional Program, in collaboration with members of the program team and under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator. Her/his responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the program’s and Career Centers ‘staff.
- Assist the Regional Coordinator and Career Centers’ staff in managing the regional agenda of activities (calendar of events, conferences, training, etc.);
- Provide administrative assistance in organizing events and activities in the region;
- Maintain regional office contacts’ database;
- Provide general logistical support to the regional staff (including Career Centers’ staff and consultants): making appointments, managing agendas, phone calls, etc.);
- Offer permanent point of contact to all external stakeholders (answering phone calls, welcoming visitors to the regional office);
- Obtain quotes for goods and services and negotiate with potential providers;
- Provide other assistance and administrative support as required by the program in cooperation with other staff members.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
During this assignment, the Program Officer will report to the program Regional Coordinator.
The employment will be engaged by Golden Resources.
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to [email protected] with “Program Officer – Marrakech” in the subject line by January 6, 2017