About Golden Resources
Golden Resources is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas. Our company is recruiting an Operations Manager/DTL for its partner DAI.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 60 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 180 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The FCO-funded Tackling economic, social and security challenges in Northern Morocco through support for Morocco’s regionalisation programme (TESS) is providing support to sustainable stability, security and prosperity in Morocco though an integrated approach. Working in this economically and politically marginalised region the Programme aims to produce a platform of stability and inclusivity conducive to harnessing the potential arising from investment and decentralisation occurring in line with Morocco’s development plan. Focussing on greater integration of Northern communities to strengthen political engagement at the regional and national level, link present economic opportunities.
After a successful inception phase, an Operations Manager/DTL to assist managing the Programme through its implementation phase, ending March 2020, is now required
Summary of Position
The Operations Manager/ DTL will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of finance/operations and working closely with the Team Leader to ensure the successful delivery of agreed upon Programme outputs in a timely and efficient manner. S/he will serve as a vital in-country point of contact for stakeholders, developing productive and professional relationships with these parties. S/he will be in close contact with DAI head office staff and ensure the Head Office team are consulted and informed over operational issues on the project. The Operations Manager/DTL will support the Team Leader in take supervising the correct implementation of jointly established budget, technical and financial plans (at all times according to DAI and FCO guidelines), and management of the programme staff.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager/DTL Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Team Leader, technical leaders and DAI head office to ensure that all targets and deadlines are achieved according to work plans and budgets;
- Monitoring and amendment of workplans with the Team Leader and DAI head office team;
- Represent DAI – along with TL – at Client meetings and otherwise as required;
- Regular drafting and compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as indicated by the Team Leader;
- Assist with recruitment for long term and short term posts in conjunction with the Senior Management Team;
- Oversee and finalise contracting process of new team members, in accordance with project schedule of authorities;
- Identify potential organisations to provide training and technical assistance to maximise impact of project delivery if need be;
- Directly report and assist the Team Leader in all management responsibilities as required;
- Ensure quality of Programme outputs accord with DAI and client requirements through training, mentoring and monitoring of staff and partners.
Operations & Financial:
- Ensure programme finances and management practices are in compliance with DAI and FCO contractual rules and regulations;
- Serve as the Team Leader’s advisor on all contractual, financial and operational matters;
- Work directly with DAI Head Office on programme, implementation, personnel, and budget issues;
- Establish robust and transparent financial, compliance and procurement procedures in line with FCO and DAI guidelines and Moroccan laws and regulations;
- Assist with strategic financial management activities including annual budget development, financial planning, and regular financial reporting;
- Organise and maintain comprehensive financial and procurement files and ensure all recording is compliant with audit, corporate and client requirements;
- Manage purchasing and procurement activities including supplier management, negotiations and ensuring value for money;
- Deliver regular training to project staff on programme operations, and ensure all personnel are aware of and adhere to compliance requirements at all times;
- Serve as programme focal point for security, ensuring compliance with DAI’s security policies and executing the project security plan;
- Manage, in collaboration with team leader, personnel performance reviews;
- Lead annual external audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent;
- Experience of working in Northern Morocco;
- Excellent oral and written French;
- Oral and written Arabic; Moroccan Arabic desirable;
- Oral and written English desirable;
- At least 10 years’ proven expertise in leading and developing project management processes and procedures, including working closely with all aspects of project budgets;
- Experience of contributing to complex programmes with international development agencies;
- Experience of UK donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Experience of operational management in large and diverse teams;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the complex dynamics of Northern Morocco;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of political system in Morocco and the economic/social challenges present.
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to [email protected] with “Operations Manager/DTL” in the subject line by November 20th, 2017