Job Title: FDC Advisor
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to: Director of FDC, North Africa and Middle East (MENA) Region
Salary range: According to the salary grid, and experience of candidate
There is an exciting opportunity to join the growing and developing Funds Development and Communications team for SOS Children’s Villages for the Middle East and North Africa.
SOS Children’s Villages www.sos-childrensvillages.org is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children’s rights and committed to children’s needs and concerns since 1949. In 133 countries and territories our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children’s Villages children experience reliable relationships and loving care once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also support disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families’ and communities’ resources, on their ability to organize themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
The International Office for the Region North Africa and Middle East (MENA) supports capacity building and development in 8 countries in the region. It leads and guides the development of programmes, strategies and policies in the Region.
Purpose of Role
Responsible of support guidance and coaching to Member Associations (MAs) to get the fundraising goals and objectives, increasing the levels of local funding.
- Work with each Head of function, to give guidance, answer questions, perform control guidelines and patterns generation business analysis
- Generating meetings remotely or on site to review the business model, review of KPIs, analize of the teamwork and identify market and funding opportunities
- Supporting the process of positioning this area with the rest of the organization, encouraging reporting to the National Direction in each Association, as Regional Advisor creating links with the National Directors and Board to convey the importance of supporting the local fundraising, seeking opportunities available inside of SOS Children Villages and also finding externally alliance to enhance the execution of the strategies outlined
- Increase the brand position and communication skills
- Increase the capacity of local teams to get the best results in local funding.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Experience of working for an NGO, preferably with skills in fundraising or communications
- Experience of market analysis and monitoring trends
- Experience of strategy development
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to be creative and driven
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of fundraising principles
- Strong writing skills
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required
- A high level of Arabic and/or French are also desired
- Hold a University Degree
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: HR.MENA@sos-kd.org with Sarah.email@example.com on copy.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “FDC Advisor MENA” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is: 5th September 2016