Position: Finance Officer
Location: Rabat Morocco
The Finance Officer will work to support a busy project office located in Rabat. This person will provide Finance support to Finance Manager and be an integral part of the Finance team. She will be responsible for providing general Finance support to the USAID Career Center office at Rabat.
This position will report to FHI 360 and USAID Career Center Finance Manager. The position will be employed through local sub-contractor, Golden Resources because FHI 360 is not registered in Morocco.
Specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Verify invoices and reimbursement vouchers and process them for payment.
- Review Trip Expense Reports (TERs) and process them for payments.
- Recording Accounting Transaction into the accounting system GFAS or any other software as required.
- Assist daily payments
- Assist in the Preparation and submission Imprest, including hard copies of monthly Imprest/Payments
- Assist to complete monthly bank reconciliation, including follow-up with the bank
- Assist administrative and procurement packages for completeness and compliance and provide feedback as needed
- Assist finance and accounting function and field budget monitoring and management.
- Assist to provide input for project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration
- Prepare periodic Bank reconciliation statements and liaise with bank on banking related matters.
- Maintain a log of incoming invoices and schedule them for payments
- Receiving periodic vouchers and financial documents from the satellite offices and review them.
- Assist in the submission of the monthly vouchers to HQ
- Assist in the Preparation of the periodic financial reports.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for payment related queries.
- Be responsible for dispatching payment checks.
- Maintain Accounting and Financial document files
- Maintain Petty Cash Account
- Maintain the financial records relating to Employee Provident Fund.
- Maintaining records for Tax withholdings and depositing the taxes in treasury.
The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Commerce
- 6-8 Years Financial experience with 2-4 years experience as Accountant / Finance Officer with a large donor funded project.
- Knowledge of Accounting softwares.
- Basic knowledge of requirements of Income Tax & Company Law
- Skills with basic Office software; Demonstrated operating skills of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience of working with USAID funded projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups and work as part of a team
- Consultative and collaborative approach
- Ability to work and achieve results in challenging environment
- Adaptability and ability to cope with change; ability to turn challenges into opportunities
Reporting and Working Relationships
The Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager (FM)
The Finance Officer will be engaged by FHI360
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Officer” in the subject line by mai 19th, 2017
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.