Position location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Finance Officer will be based in Rabat, Morocco. S/he will ensure financial and contractual compliance of project activities with State Department regulations. This is a Grade 8 position.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Officer will report to the Program Director.
- Project financial records will be up to date and complete on a monthly basis;
- Payments to vendors, staff, and grantees will be accurate and prompt;
- The project will comply with State Department and Moroccan government regulations, with no waste or abuse of project funds;
- The project’s Rabat office will coordinate effectively with Creative home office staff to ensure the successful completion of activities.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations.
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices.
- Maintain and/or manage financial reporting and on grants or associated procurements.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds.
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel files and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Maintain project financial and contractual files.
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller.
- Coordinate with USAID regarding the management of U.S. dollars and local currencies.
- Ensure monthly field expense reports.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and technical certification required in Accounting and/or Financial Management;
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a relevant field, with at least 2 years’ experience in accounting or financial management;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system;
- Previous experience working with international organizations, particularly US-funded organizations;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English, and fluency in French.
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation for applying.
Please forward applications, in English marked “PEM-FO” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission is: 11th December 2016.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.