Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Description :
Supported by the US Department of Labor, this program will support efforts to reduce child labor, assist youth of legal working age to secure decent work, and provide household members (age 18 and older) with opportunities for improved livelihoods in the Marrakesh-Tensift-Al-Haouz region of Morocco.
Project Duration :
Position Start Date:
The Finance Manager will support the Project Director in assigned duties and specifically those tasks that relate to financial planning, management, and reporting. This position is based in Marrakesh.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Project Director, with an indirect line of reporting to Creative’s Controller in Washington, D.C.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Coordinate with USDOL regarding the management of U.S. dollars and local currencies.
- Ensure monthly field expense reports.
- Travel to field offices when necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the project meets all USDOL contractual requirements and complies with USDOL policies and regulations.
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington to ensure the timely transfer of funds.
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/DOL policies and procedures.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Maintain project financial and contractual files.
- Develop financial procedures manual.
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; B.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience required.
- Previous financial management of a USG-funded project in Morocco
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system.
- Fluency in English preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV before February 13th, 2016 to the following email address: [email protected] & cc: [email protected], using the job code “Morocco –Finance Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.