Position title: Finance & Controlling Advisor MENA
Working location: Casablanca – Morocco
Continent and Region: Africa – MENA region
Mission of the position:
The Finance & Controlling Advisor supports the Director of the function.
He contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling:
- It is our mission to enable transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Federation.
- We provide services to Member Associations especially policies, tools, consulting, training and monitoring.
- We coordinate the allocation of programmes to funding partners and co-ordinate and execute the flow of funds between these funding partners.
- We manage financial risks of the Federation on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability in the federation-wide funding model.
- We provide information relevant to management and legal bodies for controlling and decision-making.
- We see our role as an integral part of the Federation and act as financial business advisors while ensuring fiduciary compliance.
- Director of Finance & Controlling MENA
- Children´s Villages International Representatives
- Construction Advisor
- Function’s Directors & Advisors
- National Directors
- National Chief Accountant or National Finance Manager/Director
- Finance and Controlling co-workers of the CFO
- PSA Finance staff
- External Auditors
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Finance & Controlling Services for the Federation
- Give strategic financial planning support to Director of Finance & Controlling and support the preparation of the regional financial scenario and budgeting frame
- Contribute to the development of the Regional Support Plan and support its implementation
- Participate in the development and update of financial policies and quality standards and implement these policies
- Support maintenance of master data in finance systems by providing and uploading necessary information.
Finance & Controlling Services for Member Associations
- Support the linking of needs and funds by providing the necessary financial information and coordinating the allocation of funds, according to the MA strategy and PSA requirements; support MAs in finding funding opportunities for programs with limited funding
- Support the management of PSA portfolios by providing the necessary financial information to International Office (IO)
- Support Member Associations’ (MAs) budgeting process, check quality of MA budgets and monitor budget execution within the given financial frames
- Support all MAs to conduct their accounting, check data quality and import accounting data
- Support all MAs to manage their local and their PSA funds
- Support all MAs in setting up a proper internal control system and participate in internal audits in MAs; in case of conditioned audit results, ensure the preparation of an action plan by the MA and monitor its implementation
- Support all MAs in their external financial audit process and quality check the MA audits
- Support all MAs in their statistics data collection
- Support MAs and CVI Representatives in the financial aspects of programme plans and proposals
- Monitor MA financial data and financial key performance indicators
- Build up finance capacity in MAs and support OD process in MA finance department
- Support MAs and CVI Representatives/Director of Finance & Controlling in crisis cases
- Support MAs in the preparation of strategic financial scenarios
- Actively monitor and support the implementation of quality standards (in FC area) in the MAs so as to ensure that the standards are respected
Finance Services for General Secretariat (GSC)
- Support CVI Representatives in the annual financial planning of MA budgets
- Ensure the link between MA Annual and Strategic plan and MA budget
- Support Director FC in the consolidation of the MA budgets
- Support CVI Representatives in monitoring the MA budgets and MA key financial data on regular base
- Support Member Support Advisor in replying and coordinating finance-related PSA/GSC information requests
- Support CVI Representative in decision making related to re-allocation requests from MAs
- Support MAs in the accounting of membership fees
- Build finance capacity within the FC function
- Upon request of the Director of FC, represent Finance and Controlling issues in Regional Management Team and International FCN meetings
- Upon request of Director of FC, fulfil senior tasks in FC area
Treasury & Risk Management
- Support MAs in their liquidity planning and quality check MA liquidity plans
- Prepare regional risk assessments and coordinate and monitor mitigation measures
- Support the execution of currency transactions for the IOR
- Support MAs in their bank relations
Finance Systems Support
- Implement and give first level user support for MAs for the SOS controlling system LUCY (Finance modules), the accounting and HR software Dynamics NAV and the Budget Entry Tool.
- University degree in Finance / accounting,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance/accounting or controlling,
- Methodic, accurate and excellent organizational skills,
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Facility to travel extensively,
- Fluency in English, French, Arabic.
To apply to this position, please send your CVs and Cover letters to :
The deadline for applications is 31 of January 2018.