Position: Finance Manager
Location: Rabat Morocco
Reports to: Office Manager
About FHI 360 FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Summary of Responsibilities: Finance Specialist is responsible for providing financial management oversight and grants management support for the USAID CDA Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial Management:
- Review and approve all financial transactions prepared by the Sr Finance Coordinator to ensure all transactions are accurate, allowable and in accordance with FHI 360 policies and Moroccan law.
- Review the monthly imprest and provide approval before it is sent to FHI 360 Washington.
- Work closely with Program staff to develop budgets and cost projections for programmatic activities.
- Continually explore opportunities for cost-cutting, cost-sharing and rational use of Project resources.
- Gain a thorough understanding of FHI 360 financial systems, policies and procedures, including QuickBooks accounting software and the monthly imprest process.
- Independently prepare monthly imprest expense reports and bank reconciliations and submit imprest to Finance & Grants Specialist and COP on a monthly basis for review and approval.
- Accurately record all financial transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepare bank disbursement vouchers, wire transfers and checks and ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures. Gather and review all required supporting documentation prior to issuing payment.
- Verify accuracy of all payment requests and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Work closely with FHI 360;s Home Office finance staff to resolve issues, address concerns and respond to request for financial information.
- Contact grantees, subcontractors and vendors to discuss invoices and payments and resolve discrepancies, as required.
Maintain a thorough understanding of FHI 360 administrative and financial systems to ensure all CSP-issued grants are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with FHI 360 policy and procedures.
To Apply Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” in the subject line by October 15th, 2015