EFE-Maroc is part of the international Education For Employment (EFE) network of local nonprofits operating across the Middle East and North Africa supported by U.S. and European foundations. EFE’s mission is to provide economic opportunities for youth, enabling them to transform their lives through productive, independent livelihood. EFE-Maroc is currently recruiting the following position:
The Director of Finance provides both leadership and support to ensure the timely and effective financial implementation necessary to successfully complete each program’s technical scope of work. The Director of Finance is responsible for management of the full range of financial and accounting activities and serves as the senior-most finance staff member in the organization.
Reporting directly to the EFE-Maroc’s CEO, the Director of Finance will also work closely with the U.S. and European teams. This position will be based in EFE-Maroc’s office in Casablanca, Morocco.
Scope of Work:
Accounting Activities and Banking
- Maintain banking relationships and oversight of financial accounts.
- Oversee the maintenance of the General Ledger, ensuring its accuracy and completeness.
- Transfer and disburse funds expeditiously, including issuing checks and vouchers, to fulfill obligations incurred by EFE-Maroc within the guidelines of EFE-Maroc’s finance and administration policy.
- Submit regular requests for funds, based on cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Develop and implement regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement, and logistics management and oversee major procurements.
- Provide Payroll management including oversight of timesheets and labor distribution for multiple grants and contracts.
- With EFE-Maroc CEO, approve all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment, and audit requirements.
- Provide an audit interface between EFE-Maroc and external audit firms and donor auditors.
- Ensure accounting software is deployed appropriately and used to maximum efficiency.
- Regularly review and update policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Award and Budget Management
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations, including USAID contracting requirements.
- Prepare regular invoices and expenses in a timely manner and in accordance with donor requirements.
- Develop procedures and programs for monitoring and analyzing program budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Prepare organizational and award specific budgets for approval by relevant parties.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in continually exploring opportunities for cost-cutting, cost-sharing, and rational use of the project’s resources.
- Prepare and manage the projects’ budgets and pipeline expenditures. Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate and recommend necessary courses of action.
- Provide financial oversight for financial and contractual mechanisms related to technical assistance activities to meet EFE-Maroc’s management reporting requirements and facilitate the successful implementation of projects.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the CEO, Program Team, and Board summarizing financial positions and identifying potential issues.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated taxes and registrations, including submission of payments and reports required.
- Provide leadership and supervise junior level staff
- Maintain Human Resources and other relevant files
- Monitor facilities use and requirements
- Support IT activities
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in accounting and/or business management, or equivalent certification from an accredited higher educational institution.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other major international government donors.
- Understanding of audit principles and local law, and of the performance necessary to ensure audit and legal compliance.
- Experience working in an international NGO/Organization.
- Demonstrated accounting, budgeting, reporting, and financial analysis experience with multiple grants/donors.
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting, including the creation and interpretation of standard financial reports for multiple grants (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow), and creation of journal entries.
- Five plus years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Excellent professional proficiency and ability to represent EFE with partners.
- Very good knowledge of English, French, and Arabic is required.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and include “EFE Maroc Director of Finance” in the title. Submissions must be in English.