DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) seeks an Education Specialist for an expected anticipated USAID Activity focusing on providing Early Grade Reading technical assistance and monitoring and evaluation services. Anticipated support for USAID/Morocco’s Reading for Success—Small-Scale Experimentation activity (RFS-SSE) will focus on testing the effectiveness of activities aimed at improving reading skills in the early grades. The role will include: review of education materials and conducting monitoring and evaluation of activities focused on Early Grade Reading. This position is contingent upon award.
The Education Specialist will provide technical support for the implementation of teacher effectiveness strategies and promote the availability and use of early grade reading materials. The purpose of the Reading for Success Small-Scale Experimentation Activity (RFS-SSE) is to jump-start curricular reform in primary schools and to test the effectiveness of activities that aim to improve reading skills in the early grades. The program will be carried out in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MOE) to test the effectiveness of supplemental reading lessons, and demonstrate and test how summer reading enrichment programs may reduce learning loss between school years in Morocco.
The Education Specialist will work as part of a project team. The Specialist may be required to build the capacity of local organizations, provide teacher-training, and support the development of education materials with local experts. The Education Specialist will ensure that the educational programs work in collaboration with other program components which may include youth-at-risk, workforce development, legal services or others.
- The position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to take initiative and operate as part of a team.
- The position requires experience in Morocco.
- Master’s degree in education, Ph.D. preferred, with at least 5 years of experience in working with early grade reading assessments and related activities and 3 years’ experience working with USAID education programs in some capacity.
- Candidates should also have strong research, monitoring and evaluation and process management skills.
- Fluency in French is required. Proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable.
Interested individuals should send a CV and USAID Biodata (Form 1420) to Christine Simontacchi, HR Specialist, [email protected] and cc Megan R. Gavin, Ph.D., Social Scientist, at [email protected]. Questions or general inquiries regarding the position are welcome.