SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. In the International office of MENA Region we support all the activities of the nine national associations, ensuring that they operate in accordance with established principles and standards. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking a committed
Crisis and Emergency Communications Advisor (f/m) for the region of Middle East and north africa
The mission of the Crisis and Emergency Communications Advisor is to:
- Proactively and reactively strengthen, enhance and protect SOS Children’s Villages image and reputation in the MENA region and worldwide, and among its key audiences, including Partner Support Associations.
- Lead on all external and internal communications regarding crisis situations and emergency response situations.
- Provide communications expertise to the International office of the region within crisis and emergency settings
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Advise the IOR and the member association (MA) on actions to be taken as a crisis or emergency communications situation arises.
- To liaise with the International Office External Communications team on all crisis and emergency situations.
- To liaise with the Emergency Response Team in IO and in IOR on all emergency communications.
- Manage, update and maintain an issues management library of key messages, backgrounders and Q&As related to crisis & emergencies
- Composition, drafting, revision, coordination of approval process and issuing of media releases related to crisis and emergency communications.
- Preparation of media briefing documents for senior leaders in the IOR and MA’s.
- Play an active part in the Crisis & emergencies management team advising on the best possible approach.
- Lead and provide wide-ranging emergencies and crisis communications preparedness and execution.
- Ongoing development and evaluation of yearly strategic crisis and emergency communication plans.
- News monitoring and social media monitoring.
- Function as a secondary media support spokesperson for response on all emergency issues and crisis.
- University degree ideally in communication, business administration or social science.
- Proven track record of at least 3-5 years’ work experience, ideally in, communication or emergency.
- Experience in external communications, including digital media.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Arabic, French and English.
- Good working knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Lync)
- Willingness to travel
- The opportunity to shape a new position within a global established organisation
- Diverse and challenging tasks in an in international working environment
- Opportunities for further training and development.
|If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements and your CV, in English, together with your salary expectations by 15th of November 2015 at the latest to [email protected] , SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org