Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, workforce development, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is pursuing a five-year activity funded by the Morocco Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) to increase the employability of Moroccan students by improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to technical vocational education and training (TVET) to respond to private sector requirements.
The Workforce Development Activity aims to increase the employability of Moroccan youth by 1) improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to private sector-driven TVET programs that respond to private sector needs; 2) provide effective employment services to help unemployed or economically inactive women and unemployed, at-risk urban and peri-urban youth obtain quality jobs; 3) support the operationalization of a labor market observatory to provide a broad range of stakeholders with dynamic labor market information to improve decision-making for public policy and private investment; and 4) operationalize TVET sector policy.
The Team leader will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, coordination with Morocco MCA Core Team, liaison with Creative HQ, and maintaining relationship with MCC. S/he will be responsible for establishing an office in Morocco, recruiting Core Staff, coordinating with local and international partners, and managing a network of qualified professionals to serve as short term technical advisors. The Team Leader will provide strategic vision for managing the Activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results, and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners. The team leader will be responsible for management and mobilization of key project staff toward successful implementation of workplans, and key project tasks/sub-tasks.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Team Leader will report to a Project Director based in Washington, DC.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in education, international development, or other relevant area;
- At least 10 years of experience in international work with increasing responsibility, of which at least 5 years’ experience in workforce development, technical and vocational training, youth development, or private enterprise development;
- Experience managing programs in Morocco or similar development contexts;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects with public and private sector stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work with at-risk youth and other vulnerable groups;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and private sector executives;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French required; and
- Written and oral communication skills in Moroccan Arabic preferred.
Email address for interested applicants is MoroccoMCC@creativeDC.com.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.