Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Preventing Extremism in Morocco program is building the capacity of religious and community leaders to counter violent extremism in Casablanca, Salé, Beni Mellal, and Fes. Through this project, a select group of religious and community leaders will receive training in countering extremism and then lead self-designed follow-on activities that address issues of extremism within their own communities. Leaders will work with each other and the broader community of practice to share lessons learned and best practices. This is a pilot project with a heavy monitoring and evaluation component and emphasizes the important of learning and sharing best practices.
The program is active and will end in April 2018.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant, working part-time, will carry out data collection and analysis activities in coordination with the Rabat-based program team and Creative Associates’ headquarters office. The M&E Consultant will be responsible for completing baseline and endline assessments, conducting interviews and focus groups, designing surveys for participants and community members, and conducting site visits to observe activities. The M&E consultant will also analyze findings from these activities, complete written reports in English, and as relevant will make recommendations for programmatic adjustments. As needed, the M&E Consultant will carry out introductory M&E trainings for staff and/or participants.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in Rabat.
- Detailed and accurate information on the program’s impact on target communities and beneficiaries is captured;
- Lessons learned and best practices from the program are synthesized and collected;
- Creative Associates is able to make clear recommendations and present lessons learned on the impact of countering extremism through a series of trainings and community-led projects and activities in four different Moroccan communities;
- Conduct a baseline and endline assessment with project’s primary participants;
- Conduct interviews and focus groups in target communities;
- Design surveys for participants and community members, testing competence in program subject matters;
- Conduct site visits to target communities to observe activities and conduct interviews/focus groups;
- Analyze findings from surveys, focus groups, site visits, and other M&E activities to produce recommendations for programmatic adjustments;
- Coordinate with Rabat-based program staff on data management and storage;
- Conduct basic M&E trainings for program participants;
- Collaborate with Rabat-based and Creative headquarters staff on M&E approaches and strategy, as well as design of survey instruments and methodologies.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on a governance, civil society, and/or countering violent extremism program;
- Knowledge of US government and other donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Experience working in Morocco;
- Ability and willingness to travel to Casablanca, Salé, Beni Mellal, and Fes required;
- Driver’s license and a clean driving record is required;
- Fluency in Arabic and professional-level proficiency in English is required.
Please apply through the Creative Associates website: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*533A3580F1739198
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.