Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, workforce development, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is pursuing a five-year activity funded by the Morocco Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) to increase the employability of Moroccan students by improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to technical vocational education and training (TVET) to respond to private sector requirements.
The Workforce Development Activity aims to increase the employability of Moroccan youth by 1) improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to private sector-driven TVET programs that respond to private sector needs; 2) provide effective employment services to help unemployed or economically inactive women and unemployed, at-risk urban and peri-urban youth obtain quality jobs; 3) support the operationalization of a labor market observatory to provide a broad range of stakeholders with dynamic labor market information to improve decision-making for public policy and private investment; and 4) operationalize TVET sector policy.
The Private Sector Specialist will be responsible for technical leadership in building capacity of local providers to engage the private sector in workforce development and employment activities. In particular, this will include developing and strengthening private sector partnerships in support of capacity building of private TVET institutions, but will also require involving private sector partners in public awareness campaigns and the TVET center network. While the private sector has expressed their interest and willingness to participate in workforce development, Moroccan businesses do not have much experience with this type of collaboration, so this key personnel position will be crucial to the success of the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Private Sector Specialist will report to the Team Leader based in Rabat.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in education, international development, or other relevant area;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international business, workforce development or private sector partnership, with experience and contacts with the Afghanistan private sector preferred;
- Demonstrated record of achieving results in private sector-led activities or signing agreements between private sector and international development programs;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French required; and
- Written and oral communication skills in Moroccan Arabic preferred.
Email address for interested applicants is [email protected].
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.