Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, workforce development, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is pursuing a five-year activity funded by the Morocco Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) to increase the employability of Moroccan students by improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to technical vocational education and training (TVET) to respond to private sector requirements.
The Workforce Development Activity aims to increase the employability of Moroccan youth by 1) improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to private sector-driven TVET programs that respond to private sector needs; 2) provide effective employment services to help unemployed or economically inactive women and unemployed, at-risk urban and peri-urban youth obtain quality jobs; 3) support the operationalization of a labor market observatory to provide a broad range of stakeholders with dynamic labor market information to improve decision-making for public policy and private investment; and 4) operationalize TVET sector policy.
The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Team Leader and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism. The Grants Manager will providing advisory assistance to NGO grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions; analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with USAID regulations, recommend award actions to the contract team; coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and prepare reports on grantee progress towards achieving milestones.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Team Leader based in Rabat.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable, Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years’ experience with sub grants management, preferably in Afghanistan; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English required; and
- Written and oral communication skills in Moroccan Arabic preferred.
Email address for interested applicants is [email protected].
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.