Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, workforce development, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is pursuing a five-year activity funded by the Morocco Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) to increase the employability of Moroccan students by improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to technical vocational education and training (TVET) to respond to private sector requirements.
The Workforce Development Activity aims to increase the employability of Moroccan youth by 1) improving the quality, relevance, and equitable access to private sector-driven TVET programs that respond to private sector needs; 2) provide effective employment services to help unemployed or economically inactive women and unemployed, at-risk urban and peri-urban youth obtain quality jobs; 3) support the operationalization of a labor market observatory to provide a broad range of stakeholders with dynamic labor market information to improve decision-making for public policy and private investment; and 4) operationalize TVET sector policy.
The Finance Manager will design, implement, and supervise adherence to financial policy, budgets, and internal control measures. S/he will develop and implement financial and personnel procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies; manage payroll; draft periodic and annual reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information; support the development of documentation and written materials relating to the project; and respond to inquiries on the status of financial information. The Finance Manager will track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field offices, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses. The Finance Manager will ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with Creative’s financial management guidelines prior to payments.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Team Leader based in Rabat.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent;
- At least five years’ experience in administrative and finance management of complex, development programs, developing and managing budgets;
- Demonstrable financial management experience on USAID cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedures, and reporting requirements, experience managing USAID-funded grants programs, and experience in field based accounting;
- Experience with computerized accounting;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English required; and
- Written and oral communication skills in Moroccan Arabic preferred.
Email address for interested applicants is MoroccoMCC@creativeDC.com.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.