Chemonics International seeks a Program Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Reading For Success—Small-Scale Experimentation project in Morocco. This early grade reading project will test the effectiveness of supplemental Arabic reading lessons and activities that aim to improve reading skills in the early grades. The program will work in partnership with the Ministry of Education to test the effectiveness of supplemental reading lessons, and test how summer reading enrichment programs may reduce learning loss between school years. This project is scheduled to begin in the late summer of 2015, and the project will last 30 months. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Program Director will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project. The Program Director will lead all aspects of project performance, provide technical guidance to all project tasks, provide day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project, and represent the project activities to outside audiences. The Program Director will also lead the strategic planning for the project, in close coordination with program partners in the Ministry of Education.
- A senior professional with a minimum of ten years of experience with outstanding strategic planning and management skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of development and education issues in Morocco or other similar Middle East/North Africa countries
- Knowledge of Moroccan counterparts and organizations active in education
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in spoken and written English, French, and Modern Standard Arabic
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Tuesday, June 23, 2015. Please indicate Morocco Reading Program Director in the subject line. CVs are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.