Chemonics International is seeking candidates for a part-time Information Technology (IT) Specialist for the Reading for Success – Small Scale Experimentation (RFS-SSE) project. This a 2.5 year project funded by USAID aimed at improving the reading competencies of students in grade 1 and 2 of primary education in selected government schools in Morocco. We are looking for experienced individuals who will be able to provide support to the project on an as needed basis.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] by Friday, May 27, 2016. CVs are being accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
- Set-up and maintain the project office IT environment including
- Servers, desktops and Laptops
- Printers, Scanners and Copiers
- Operating Systems & Office Software
- All Network equipment including phone systems and switches, internet connections and routers
- Apply methods for the proper and efficient use of IT
- Implement procedures to ensure integrity of data
- Manage servers (archiving, print, security)
- Maintenance and control of software and hardware related to servers, firewalls, switches, desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners, etc.
- Liaise with service providers to secure, install, configure, and maintain an Internet connection appropriate for the office environment, computer hardware and software, including email service, shared-file directory, printing, network, and security
- Monitor server (DNS, DHCP, SQL server, domain controller, print server) and local area network (LAN) traffic, which will help to identify potential problems and develop solutions.
- Add or remove domain work stations
- Administer and maintain the LAN, including switches, firewall, and domain controller, as well as document LAN operations
- Assist the Operations Assistant to administer and manage IT equipment, including inventory management, software versions, server and workstation updates, licenses, etc.
- Administer and manage a file-sharing server with regular back-ups
- Research new IT applications with the objective of optimizing office functions
- Establish and implement security policies and procedures
- Monitor use of IT systems
- Communicate to project personnel proper use of IT system and provide training as required
- Provide technical support to project personnel on a timely basis
- Minimum five years’ experience in information technology with emphasis on the following:
LAN Windows administration (Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7/8), practical experience with Oracle and MS SQL databases, firewall and VPN configuration, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, backups, antivirus, and IT security policies
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak English preferred