|Position:||Career Services Training Coordinator|
|Service:||USAID Career Center|
|Location:||Rabat or Casablanca|
|Date:||March – June 2018|
FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR), are implementing the USAID Career Center in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with the Government of Morocco (GOM) counterparts, the Ministry of Higher Education, and Ministry of Education. USAID Career Center will play a central role in advancing USAID/Morocco and the GOM’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans. The project will establish career development centers linked to universities and the vocational training system, and incorporate work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and performance of youth in the workplace.
In order to ensure the success of the USAID Career Centers and fulfill IREX’s responsibilities under the work plan, IREX has identified a need for a temporary Career Services Training Coordinator to ensure that the training plan and deliverables are on target, including vetting and hiring STTA specialists, and coordinating training content and delivery.
The Career Services Training Coordinator will provide technical support to career center staff across the centers in Marrakech, Casablanca and Tangier. The Coordinator will work closely with both the USAID Career Center Senior Management team and IREX Career Services Officer in Rabat and the IREX Management team in Washington DC to ensure that IREX delivers a relevant and adaptable training program and provides value adding technical support to the program.
The Career Services Training Coordinator will assume the following temporary job responsibilities and associated tasks:
- Advertise, vet, interview and liaise with potential STTA trainers to implement the comprehensive training plan for Career Center staff.
- Provide technical expertise and input into the development of the Career Centers including the co-development and monitoring of training products and services, as well as tools available in the centers and on the Virtual Career Center.
- Build the capacity of Career Center staff by coordinating and overseeing delivery of formal training, and on-going coaching with the support of IREX staff in Washington DC.
- Serve as one of IREX’s point persons in Morocco
- Ensure that all activities are in compliance with USAID, FHI360, and IREX policies and regulations.
- Revise or contribute to revising existing content for the core training modules.
- Deliver and update the continuous training plan for each Career Center
- Collect feedback from Career Center staff on trainings (provided by local or international trainers) to refine/adapt the content.
- Provide a report on activity that will contribute to the monthly and quarterly reports on activities related to Career Center services and Career Center staff capacity building.
This position will be based in Rabat or Casablanca, Morocco, with travel to Casablanca or Rabat, Marrakech and Tangier.
The consultant will deliver:
- A responsive training and professional development program for the Career Centers.
- Advertise, vet and interview potential STTA trainers to implement training plan with a view toward securing trainers for April – September 2018 (March, April)
- Revise and contribute to revising existing content for core training modules (March, April)
- Review, provide feedback on and monitor training products for April – May trainings (March – May)
- Updated monthly training plan starting April 1 (April, May)
- Review and provide feedback on summer training modules (May)
- Updated monthly training plan starting April 1 (April, May)
- Technical support and guidance documents for Career Centers as required
- Technical expertise and input into tools available in Career Centers and virtual Career Center (March – April)
- Coaching calls with each Career Center staff at least bimonthly followed by short summary write-up submitted to Program Manager (March – May)
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Career Services Training Coordinator will report to the IREX Program Manager, Stanley Currier in Washington DC, and the Technical Director, Jean Michel Mas, in Rabat. The Coordinator will also work closely and be supported by Career Services Officer Samah Dahhou.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
The total level of effort for this work will be approximately 60 days between March 2018 and June 2018.
Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of career counseling and career development
- Familiarity with the latest research, tools, and methodologies in the field of career counseling
- Successful experience in the field of career development in the context of industry, HR, academia or otherwise
- Expertise in delivering training to diverse audiences with varying levels of education
- Advanced knowledge of Morocco’s higher education and vocational education systems
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal, and supervision skills
- Ability to give effective presentations and write high quality technical reports
- Familiarity with multi-media and IT solutions in relation to career counseling
- A Master’s Degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary subject such as education, counseling and guidance, student personnel or related field an advantage
- Business proficiency, written and spoken, in English and French (Arabic a plus) Professional working proficiency (Level 3) is acceptable; full professional proficiency (Level 4) is preferred
- Experience engaging private sector and educational institutions to collaborate on employment and employability programs
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and planning
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate activities with multiple stakeholders including government, education, business and individuals
Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Career Services Training Coordinator” in the subject line by March 7th, 2018.