DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: COB March 9, 2014
The United States Peace Corps is seeking a Budget & Financial Specialist. Under the general supervision of
the Administrative Officer, this staff position will manage the financial operation of the post, maintain staff
contracts, manage staff payroll and administer contracted benefits. The Budget and Financial Specialist also
participates in post budget management and must qualify and serve as alternate class B cashier.
- Financial Management: Responsible for preparation, management and analysis of the operating budget for Peace Corps Morocco. Designsand creates financial reports and conducts analysis for post financial decisions. Works directly with General Services function for procurement processes, including negotiation with vendors and education regarding US Government financial operations.
- Human Resources Administration: Responsible for creation of contracts for Peace Corps staff, education of staff regarding contract elements, and obtaining required financial authority for each contract. Monitors payroll processing and advises post of options in the event of problems.
- Budget Management: Responsible for management and control of post budget. Leader in the process of budget formulation, periodic analysis, and reporting. Responsible for adherence to all financial management practices and procedures in accordance with the federal budget process defined by Peace Corps Washington.
- Alternate class B cashier: Provides back-up responsibility for disbursement, accountability, examination, safekeeping, replenishment, and management of imprest funds in US dollars and local currency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Moroccan citizen
- University degree or equivalent in Business Management/Administration or Accounting required.
- Three to five years of related work experience required.
- Strong Language ability: Written and Spoken English, French and Arabic required.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, managerial and interpersonal skills required.
- Patience, confidence, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Knowledge of Peace Corps and U.S. Embassy budget and accounting regulations as well as reconciliation accounting and personnel policies and practices a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required.
For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written in English and emailed to:
Only applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.
All experience, skills and qualifications will be verified. Employment is contingent on a
favorable security background check.